Mtnl Mumbai Launches Unlimited Plan At Last!!!

guys i think that it is 2mbps UL.
it clearly says minimum speed is 256kbps and upto 2mpbs. what that means is that your upload speed is 256 kbps. for 512 kbps, upload speed is 512 kbps and so on. if you dont get me, look at DSL 599 plan. that plan is supposed to have 512kbps upload speed. they have put that under minimum speed.
all this jhol in format is because of their earlier tariff page, before 2 mbps speeds had come up. iirc at that time they had separate columns for download and upload speed. the plans that had 512 kbps upload speed also mentioned minimum 512 kbps speed for download. so for 1 mbps plans download speed was minimum 512kbps upto 2mbps.
after 2 mbps was introduced they changed the tariff table and they kinda merged the two columns.

having said that, the separate page for unlimited plans clearly states bandwidth download speed as 256 kbps. 🙁

guys i think that it is 2mbps UL.
it clearly says minimum speed is 256kbps and upto 2mpbs. what that means is that your upload speed is 256 kbps. for 512 kbps, upload speed is 512 kbps and so on. if you dont get me, look at DSL 599 plan. that plan is supposed to have 512kbps upload speed. they have put that under minimum speed.
all this jhol in format is because of their earlier tariff page, before 2 mbps speeds had come up. iirc at that time they had separate columns for download and upload speed. the plans that had 512 kbps upload speed also mentioned minimum 512 kbps speed for download. so for 1 mbps plans download speed was minimum 512kbps upto 2mbps.
after 2 mbps was introduced they changed the tariff table and they kinda merged the two columns.

having said that, the separate page for unlimited plans clearly states bandwidth download speed as 256 kbps. 🙁

No that doesnt mean upload speed is 256 kbit/s on 2500 plan, I m on TriB200P plan where I m getting upload speed of 512 kbit/sec; there is 15000 Rs. plan where speed is 2 mbit/sec. As per ur logic, upload speed on that plan will be 2 mbit/sec. which violates rule no. 28 on faq of MTNL.

Introduction

So Min guaranteed speed is not upload speed, its download speed only!

(This knowledge contributed by scorpio1, credit goes to him)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Actually for plan 256- 2048 kbit/sec, bandwidth varies according to no. of subscribers connected at a particular instant to DSLAM, so speed varies time to time throughout the day.
so if u want constant speed of 2mbit/sec, be ready to pay 15000 bucks/ month.

Heres old tariff page of MTNL u r looking for!

MTNL Broadband Internet Services Tariff Plans

(This knowledge contributed by me, I should take d credit)