MTNL Mumbai FTTH Review

• Thread starter Thread starter d5aqoëp
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 66
  • Views Views 21,958
I hardly use any streaming app except youtube. But in that too I select 480p (enough for 15inch laptop screen).

PS: just noticed that FTTH involves too much one time charges. So now definitely not going for it.

Cannot complain about the pings.

8045805378.png

@d5aqoëp can you check what speed you get while downloading this file? Please use only single connection via browser download, don't use any download manager -> https://github.com/torvalds/linux/archive/master.zip

Also, can you post traceroute to some foreign server, like github.com ?
I got around 9.5 MBPS (76 Mbps) speed while using default Firefox download manager. If I use multithreaded download manager, then I hit 13 MBPS (104 Mbps).

Tracert to github.com is
lIdvS2o.png

I wish @Sushubh lets me modify 1st post so that I can post a full review with screenshots. After 1 week of use, I have some praise for MTNL.

He got 1ms ping on speedtest and I get 3ms to ping local wireless router!!! 😀
You have to change your router. It’s CPU is too slow for your needs if you want best pings. I use Asus RT-AX88U router with Node Asus Blue Cave as mesh node connected by ethernet. I get less than 1 ms pings to router or the node in my home network. The Alphion GPON which MTNL provides is in bridge mode. Always use DSL/FTTH modems in Bridge mode to have best pings.

Well just now booked MTNL FTTH new connection via self-care portal. Opted for 100Mbps plan for 600 Rs. U have to pay 2600 rs which include testing & installation of ONT.

Cannot complain about the pings.

8045805378.png
i stay just opp to Prabhadevi Telephone exchange.. considering your experience how many months i will have to wait??
Can you tell me any specific officer whom i should contact to speed up my installation
Thanx

@Adis_chill you need to book new landline number. Installation is quick once your case is handled by right person. I have PM’d you the numbers of people who got things done for me. Before contacting them, it was 6 months of wait and total lethargy. They will splice a fiber from Neat House and give it to you.

thanks a ton d5aqoëp for your helpful post time and again.

recently i have upgraded my Digisol router to ZyXEL vmg 1312 and getting stable numbers for my plan vdsl 2049 500 MB plan (this plan is phased out though) yeah i stay just about 1 km from exchange.

kfv4U4b.png

by subscribing to the FTTH I will have to let go off zyxel right? little confused here

@Adis_chill you need to book new landline number. Installation is quick once your case is handled by right person. I have PM’d you the numbers of people who got things done for me. Before contacting them, it was 6 months of wait and total lethargy. They will splice a fiber from Neat House and give it to you.