• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 66
  • Views Views 21,933

d5aqoëp

I got banned!
Connection booked: July 2018
Connection done on: 06 Jan 2019

Following is the basic info of the connection

ONU: Alphion 2018 model supporting GPON. (In bridge mode)
Plan: FTTH-2000-100MBPS (Rs. 2000 for 1000 GB data @ 100 Mbps)
Router: Asus RT-AC88U as main router + Asus Blue Cave as Wifi Mesh node connected with Ethernet CAT7 cable.
Switch: Netgear XS708E 10Gbe Switch.
PC: On 10Gbe Aquantia AQC107s PCIe card

Initial speedtest result

8045805378.png

Right now the connection is working flawless.

Pros:
  • Good speed to most sites
  • Excellent pings to most gaming sites.
  • The ONU is good and has given solid 23 hr sessions since 1 week. 0 CRC or FEC errors.
  • Connection is stable and IP refresh is fast within 10 sec.
  • Excellent telephone voice quality. No khar khar.
Cons:
  • Took 6 months to install. Your mileage may vary. Third party contractors do the wiring and install.
  • The quality of wiring is a bit questionable as it is coming from terrace. They have no permission to dig roads.
  • Shameful upload speed of just 10 Mbps on FTTH. Download and Upload speeds should be same.
  • Definitely expensive compared to BSNL or any other FTTH providers.

Last edited by a moderator:
did they do installation only for you or you have many users in the building/area

@popcorn
Installation was only and exclusively for me. But my society was prompt to give necessary permission for installation.

@d5aqoëp what plan are you on? speed and price? what about the FUP is it daily or monthly?

@ajgamer
We cannot do anything about Upload speed. That is MTNL’s senior citizen mentality for you. “Itna upload speed leke chaand pe jana hai?”

local pings are fantastic here!

Right now there is no issue with the connection. Downloads and Uploads working as they should.

So every month new hard drive for d5aqoëp ^^ LOL
hope you don;t get bored in first 15 days .....Golden hrs lol miss those days haha time flies

I can now actually switch to minimal FTTH plan because my monthly download hardly crosses 55-60GB

And FTTH gives 90GB now (with double dhamaka offer) - at same price (600Rs per month)

But since I am happy with current 6mbps speed - I would rather stick to it.

@amish
If you switch from 6 Mbps to 50 Mbps on FTTH, expect your data consumption to double or triple. Almost all the streaming apps you use will default to highest picture quality. So 90 GB won't be enough for you.