MTNL Mumbai MTNL Mumbai down

• Thread starter Thread starter d5aqoëp
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 52
  • Views Views 10,937

d5aqoëp

I got banned!
I am getting DHCP IP address but I cannot connect to any websites.

Started at around 1pm today

Finally up after 45 mins. Rare

Totally down today. Called up Customer Care and the aunty confirmed it. She said it is down for whole Mumbai. Guess most people have moved over to other operators to realize. 😛

Working finally after 3 hrs.

Last edited:
I dont think it was down for me.

Its at Prabhadevi exchange. Just noticed that my tel line is also dead was told it happened yesterday. Last year our lines went dead for atleast 2 months (more for some) thats when I decided I had enough of MTNL

Its at Prabhadevi exchange. Just noticed that my tel line is also dead was told it happened yesterday. Last year our lines went dead for atleast 2 months (more for some) thats when I decided I had enough of MTNL

Though the papers say everything is working, thats not true many lines in my area are down just like last Aug-Oct. Linesman give a different 'reason' everytime you ask them 😡 I guess it depends on the phases of the moon.

Was MTNL down from almost 4-5 hours today for anyone in Mumbai (especially Andheri / Vile Parle area)?

It just came up few minutes back ... but now my IP has changed completely. Series 182.58.x.x instead of 59.182.x.x

Looks like their server crashed and may be they shifted all to alternate server and hence the new IP series.

Ok now I cant login to register.mtnl.net.in if I give my NUMBER as username but I can login with NUMBER@a

So they have moved me (or many) to a new server.

What more my ADSL line has got 4-5db more SNR which means it should be more stable now.

Have they done anything on IPV6?
On their mtnlmumbai.in they have proudly put IPV6 links for verification and seems they are not working...

I could not find verification link.

I tried enabling IPv6 on my Netgear modem and rebooted it but it was still showing IPv4 address.