MTNL Mumbai Boradband site is Down?

• Thread starter Thread starter santoo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2,243

santoo

I am not able to access, register.mtnl.net.in site. Even Login page is not coming. Though my net was working till 7.45 am today (didn't check it now, i m at office😉Anyone else facing same problem? May be someone again think of starting diwali party 😛 One more thing, yest mtnl guys called up and told to restart router/comp at 12 and at 8.. may be they are trying to be helpful.. 😉

Yes iam also facing the same problem. Cant access login place. I asked them what is the problem. They said that they are making some necessary changes i.e. Previously it didn't show session history. Now it will be visible. For that site is undergoing some work

Originally posted by baudhayan@Oct 28 2005, 12:00 PM
ya i guess d site is down.
[snapback]29774[/snapback]
[/quote]

When I went for resolving my Telephone issue. I had a good talk with Next in Command to DGM Kandivali Exchange. Besides upcoming plans and feedback, I suggested him how to solve the Load problem. Perhaps that is under development I guess 🙂

Originally posted by powerontop@Oct 28 2005, 12:14 PM
When I went for resolving my Telephone issue. I had a good talk with Next in Command to DGM Kandivali Exchange. Besides upcoming plans and feedback, I suggested him how to solve the Load problem. Perhaps that is under development I guess 🙂
[snapback]29775[/snapback]
[/quote]

By the way what u suggested to him for load problem? What did he say about upcoming plans?

The site is working again but session history is still not available.

Originally posted by imranais@Oct 28 2005, 02:00 PM
By the way what u suggested to him for load problem? What did he say about upcoming plans?

The site is working again but session history is still not available.
[snapback]29791[/snapback]
[/quote]

Gave him a few suggestions on how to properly manage loads on Servers. He told me "Bahut users ho gaye hai" don't remember how much he said but for just kandivali he said 20000-1Lakh etc...don't remember the figures he gave. He told that due to load, lots of new connection work is pending since 10 days, and he said now this session load is another problem. Then I suggested him solution for load and he liked it a lot. As if WOW why didn't the collective intellect of MTNL and its consultant think of such simple solution. Then he asked what I do, blah blah.

We got connected into good wavelength and I got to extract good details about why this new plan confussion is there. He revealed then the dark secret.
"Actually problem is all the senior guys are not coming to office, they are sitting at home only. Directly Ministers ke saath bat chal rahi he. Since plan decisions are taken only by Top guys and noone is coming to work all over, plans, new connections, load issues requiring authority are all stuck and thus the overall work has slowed down. He went on to say, even if new guys are hired, for them to take charge will take something like 1 month minimum. Then still more time to move the overall Govt. Machinery yada yada.

Then I went on to ask him about plans, unlimited ones and he told there is no plan for unlimited. then I asked 512k? He said No. No change in anything.

Ok....then I thought, so let me put u onto Hotseat, I thought 🙂 So I broke all his confidence and told him how compeitition was setting in by BSNL which was providing almost all of their plans @512k with 1-2 GB minimum downloads and I have heard they have recently added unlimited downloads also.
He was now....ok...hmm...but...how can it be....nahi aisa nahi ho sakta....I said boss I have checked it on their site. Only problem being BSNL is not in BBay. But they can come. Then I added more fuel to the fire by adding Airtel has started Unlimited connection for Rs. 900 p.m. Unlimited. Tumhare mein jitna dum hai utna download karo 24 hrs. I told him it MTNL is the Best and how much cost do uall incur to give above facilities? We both said out together "Nothing". Then He added, hum ko sab kuch settledup hai. Sirf DSLAM mein tumhara number allow karna hai. All infrastructure is setup. MTNL ko problem nahi hona chaiye, he said.
By now he was just focusing on my discussion and as if was looking up onto me as a Saviour. Then I tipped him on how to improve the situation by suggesting to his seniors sitting at home to
1. Increase speed to 512k ideally or chalo 384/6k as BSNL miimum speed is. Then I asked him to increase download limits in plans. 500 MB is peanuts. He cudn't argue on this. 🙂

I discussed on a number of issues/consideration backing up my suggestions with solid facts like "You say u are giving 256kbps but we get only 15KB and max to max if lucky 20KB" download speeds. which is less than 256k, I said this is becoz of distance from exchange, line problems etc. So if you increase speed to say 512 and we get 500k and users are happy and distance factor gets covered up. As if reading his face, I added "See you buy bandwidth in bulk from Backbone providers like MCI, Sprint" etc say 5Lakh p.m now even if u don't download a single Bit you pay 5lakh and even if 20k users still the same then kya problem hai 512 karne mein? Then he said ya ya pipe ka problem nahi hai DSLAM dal denge....
By that time my awaiting xerox of my telephone bill came and I felt I had done my work and had given him enough food for thought(Kaam pe laga diya usko 🙂 ), And I left.

Lets see....

lol darn nice 😀..but sarkari hai.. jarron bhooj jayega kambhakt!!.. sir aap wapas ja kar unhe remind kar dijiyega 😛

Originally posted by powerontop@Oct 28 2005, 07:15 PM
    By that time my awaiting xerox of my telephone bill came and I felt I had done my work and had given him enough food for thought(Kaam pe laga diya usko 🙂 ), And I left.

Lets see....
[snapback]29809[/snapback]
[/quote]

These MTNL guys are real smart people they make u feel that they are really interested in ur suggestions and will make u believe that they will surely work on ur suggestions.

I am sure as soon as u must have left he must have ordered for a cutting chai and forgotten everything u said.

Anyways if he does consider ur suggestions his superiors will not, and even if they do accept it, it will take months to implement. That's why they say in ads: "MTNL hai toh Sahi Hai!"

Waiting for the official announcements of new plans as per rediff.com, till then keep fingers crossed!

Originally posted by imranais@Oct 28 2005, 10:06 PM
These MTNL guys are real smart people they make u feel that they are really interested in ur suggestions and will make u believe that they will surely work on ur suggestions.

[snapback]29825[/snapback]
[/quote]

Needless to say whether they accepot or reject our suggestion, we know them more than they do themselves 🙂 Who is going to believe them until the official announcement 🙂