MTNL Modem TKD with Belkin Router

• Thread starter Thread starter Praful
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 56
  • Views Views 7,942

Praful

ISP
MTNL
Hi Guys,I am new to this ...Here is my problemI have MTNL Modem TKD 318Belkin Wireless Router F9K1102Not able to connect to internet if i am using my router. Frequent drop outs occurs.I called the Belkin support they said its a problem of NAT.I called MTNL support (No knowledge at all for settings without NAT)When i check the modem site (192.168.1.1) in the Status i can see the public IP address ( 59.182.101.2)When i check it on my PC the IP address is different like 192.168.1.5I tried to configure my modem by disabling NAT option in WAN settings (Failed to access the internet)I want to configure my MTNL modem so that i can get the public IP address to my desktopThis is really getting on my nerves ... i have called MTNL Support a lot many times no use....Guys please help ... Thanks in advance...

In what way will 'get the public IP address to my desktop' help you? Can you post your stats which could indicate the nature of your problem (disconnections)[/FONT]

When i called Belkin support ..they asked me to get an Public IP address from MTNL to my desktop.Since my router and modem both are having NAT enabled. ... i could not access internet ...Let me know if you want any specific details ...thanks in advance

@xyx2000 : kindly help me with Bridge mode settings...if you could send me some links of docs ...@socrates: dint get you ....dunno what is SNR margin and Attenuation numbers

XYX : please let me know how to configure modem in bridge mode ...socrates: dunno what you are asking for ... 🙁

you can configure bridge mode under wan , you have to choose between bridge & pppoe, choose bridge

----------

You could have used the SEARCH option... A tutorial for the same is already posted here....
https://broadband.forum/mtnl-broadband/49401-t-kd-318eui-ut300r2u-shift/

In this tutorial you have to only do the 1st 4 steps dont do the windows configuration, now you have to configure your Belkin router in pppoe mode & type your mtnl user / pass in the belkin router

1- By bridging the ISP supplied gateway/modem, you're eliminating "double NAT". By default they are a little combo modem/router...running NAT. If you put another broadband router behind it, you end up double NATing, and possible having IP range conflicts (if your own router is in the same IP range as the ISP supplied modem/router). Double NAT'ing usually works OK for most internet based stuff, but some apps/games don't like it much, you can get a little performance drop too.

should I Bridge the modem or Router...?

I have a D-Link DSL 502T & a Linksys WRT54G for almost 7 yrs now. NAT is enabled on my modem & I don't have any problem. Dont you think for a newbie an 'always on' connection is easier to configure? I asked for line stats as lots of people are facing frequent DC from 26th Jan when speeds were increased on some plans. Also kreacher10's post has not got a reply yet.

Configuration for both methods is same so i dont know how it will be difficult for a newbie, if he can configure his mtnl modem in pppoe then he can configure the modem/router in bridge/pppoe & i suggested this because he was having issues with NAT being enabled on both devices.

I dont see the need to have NAT enabled in both devices, do it in just the modem, what say. 🙂 In all these years members here seem to have always got bogged down when it came to configuring for 'Bridge'.

----------

In what way will 'get the public IP address to my desktop' help you? Can you post your stats which could indicate the nature of your problem (disconnections)[/FONT]

There has been no answer to this post 😀

^ according what i have read it should be enabled in the router instead of the modem & thats how i have been using my router for many years