MTNL Modem TKD with Belkin Router

• Thread starter Thread starter Praful
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 56
  • Views Views 7,950
^ according what i have read it should be enabled in the router instead of the modem & thats how i have been using my router for many years

Lol its the other way round for me. In fact I never touched that setting then, so it was on by default in the D-Link unit. So it seems its better to have it on one unit only lol Looks like we have confused the thread starter as he has gone silent 😀
I still think it better for Praful to have it NAT on in one unit & go in for an 'always on ' connection. I am sure his DC problems are not related to what he is trying. If you are using an identical unit to Praful, pls tell where to find the line stats i that unit. Then we can get an indication to his DC problem. 🙂

For a newbie... Definitely PPOPE would be easier to configure when you compare it with bridged mode though...

For a newbie... Definitely PPOPE would be easier to configure when you compare it with bridged mode though...

My thoughts too 🙂 Any idea what 'get the public IP address to my desktop' would help?

It is still always on connection with my method , the modem is in bridge mode & connected to the router which is in pppoe i.e always on mode , the modem is only used as a adaptor for converting the rj11 dsl cable into rj45 so that it can be connected to the router , all the configuration is done in the router and result is the same always on connection.

Lol its the other way round for me. In fact I never touched that setting then, so it was on by default in the D-Link unit. So it seems its better to have it on one unit only lol Looks like we have confused the thread starter as he has gone silent 😀I still think it better for Praful to have it NAT on in one unit & go in for an 'always on ' connection. I am sure his DC problems are not related to what he is trying. If you are using an identical unit to Praful, pls tell where to find the line stats i that unit. Then we can get an indication to his DC problem. 🙂
Agree with you here. Since Praful has not replied for last 10 odd posts your case rests 😀For a newbie... Definitely PPOPE would be easier to configure when you compare it with bridged mode though...
V TrueI bet that will be too heavy for a newbie lol to understand 😀 & Praful has gone silent for a long time now.
Yup since Praful has not posted anything yet & has not answered my question yet. I believe in the KIS principle Keep It Simple

He might be confused ??? 😀
Agree with you here. Since Praful has not replied for last 10 odd posts your case rests 😀V TrueYup since Praful has not posted anything yet & has not answered my question yet.

Sorry for late response.I tried to do it bridge way..did everything correct as per screenshot...Unable to connect to Internet...getting back to normal was very hard ..hence delayed response....

If it would have been only a Wired modem, then the difficulties wouldn't have been that much... But here a Wireless modem is also connected with... so you need to connect everything systematically to make it work... Involves lot of R & D

As soon as i did the Bridge way... My antivirus started showing ...a little fragment blocked...
Does bridge way expose ur computer to internet more? If i kept My modem in PPP0E mode wont i able to connect internet via router ?

----------

Yes i did configure my router in PPPoe Mode

Yes, It does... It opens up all your ports.. so you are exposed.. Install a firewall to remain protected.
As soon as i did the Bridge way... My antivirus started showing ...a little fragment blocked...
Does bridge way expose ur computer to internet more? If i kept My modem in PPP0E mode wont i able to connect internet via router ?

----------

Yes i did configure my router in PPPoe Mode