𝕏 (Twitter) Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter mayank1200
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3,491
  • Views Views 549,747
Was free for the last two days so started helping translate twitter into Hindi. Few things struck me:

1) Blind copy-paste jobs from Google Translate have been approved by their language moderators. Take a look at Twitter / Authorize an application Not only is it poorly structured, even words like "twitter" have been literally translated to "चहचहाना"!!

2) The Hindi section of the translation forum is as good as inactive. Further, it appears that one of the language moderators for Hindi is a non-native speaker. She ended up approving translations like this - Twitter / Authorize an application

3) No guidelines whatsoever have been laid down w.r.t. translation. Different words have been used and approved for the same thing, e.g. Feature occurs as "सुविधा", "विशेषता" as well as "फ़ीचर"!

4) Their Hindi fonts in the translation centre are messed up.

I wonder why they are crowd-sourcing this task if they can not bother excercising a reasonable quality control over it.

ah well. a lot of companies do that. especially when their own website does not have a proper support channel. i sort of hate it when i follow a company on twitter and they keep on tweeting about joining them on facebook. especially when all their tweets are sort of auto-posted from their facebook account.