MTNL Launches Unlimted FTTH Plans in Delhi

• Thread starter Thread starter sachin_
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 17,132
Till now we are on the mercy of BSNL/MTNL/Airtel that they will provide us with big volume of data at greater speeds in economical and sensible prices.
When the 3G was being launched, I had high hopes on the it (despite being offered on a very scarse spectrum) that it will pave way for data revolution in India. But as various 3G launches happened my hopes were all evaporated.

Now I have very high expectations with the 4G. Some how I think this will be a deciding moment/technology for the India data communication future.
No matter how many advances happen in the ADSL technology, existing copper networks on BSNL/MTNL/Airtel won't be able to provide speeds what 4G can provide very easily.

Investing in the Fibre network till the end user (us..the home users) connectivity is not viable for the cash deficiant MTNL/BSNL's, they are still to overcome from the 3G license fee shocks; so expecting the broadband revolution from them does not seems to be a best option.

Airtel, yes once upon a time it was a best company to look forward too for such kind of endeavours (deplyoing fibre till to the end user) but now it seems it has lost all its steam partially due to emtying its cash reserves in buying foreign carrier networks on the foreign geographies and partially on the 3G license buying at mountain high prices, it will take much time for Airtel to build its cash reverves again for any such big launch in telecom service offerings.

So now we can left all our hopes on 4G only.
Being wireless it supports easy, faster depolyment and relatively easy network maintenance and enhancement post deployment. And the possibilities that 4G can offer wirelessly are tremendous that too simultaneousally on plethora of the devices be it a mobile phone /tablet /laptop /dektop or a hotspot modem.

Now the question comes who can can provide us with the 4G data connectivity?
Answer is the one who is having a huge cash reserves, has not empied its pockets on buying overpriced licenses, has the past experiance of building huge country-wide network, has no bureaucratic or ministerial operational governing bodies, has best minds from the telecom sector who understands their job, and can revolutionise the service by offering it at the best possible price; I think the answer won't surprise you...yes it is Mukesh Ambani.

Lets see if he can recreate the Magic of "करलो दुनिया मुठी मैं".
And the wait is not that long its just this years end and we will come know the future of data communication in India 🙂.

Is there a plan for Mumbai ftth after launch in Delhi?If there is then how will be the pricing?

have you heard about beam fibre telecom in hyderabad .

here's the link to the plans:
All Plans Fiber to Home

Unlimited Data Plans
Charges in INR
Plan Speed Monthly Half-Yearly Yearly
B-Max400 512 Kbps 400.00 2300.00 4500.00
B-Max600 1 Mbps 600.00 3300.00 6000.00
B-Max1000 10 Mbps 1000.00 5500.00 10000.00
B-Max1500 15 Mbps 1500.00 8250.00 15000.00
B-Max2500 20 Mbps 2500.00 13750.00 25000.00

- Installation charges will apply depending on plan chosen
- All plans are inclusive of taxes
- Fair Usage Policy applies for Unlimited Data Plans ##its about 70 GB for 10 mbps plan and higher for others

HOPE THIS COMES TO DELHI/NCR SOON

Seriously, FTTH offered by MTNL is a fail big time.4mbit for 5,999** with FUPWe need eAnna who can protest for Netizens rights, its high time.

I am sure MTNL/BSNL might have layed the Fiber Underground which would have costed them a lot and Beam provides internet via FTTB Which is cost effective.FTTH needs to be matured in India, Still its is in the starting stage. If Beam would have provided FTTH in the way how MTNL is providing they would have provided 1Mbps for 1000 and the same 10mbps with FUP for 3,000.

Who cares about FTTB or FTTH when you are getting decent speeds 😀

I inquired about the FTTH plans from MTNL customer care today, but as usual they seem to have no idea about it. The customer care representative was instead telling me about the Freedom offer. I live in Dilshad Garden and wish to try the FTTH plan out. I am currently on the 749NU plan. Could someone tell me whether I would need to get a fresh installation done for this plan or would my current modem suffice?

While I do agree with the general consensus here. Keep in mind that this is just the beginning and things will only get better. I remember when Broadband first came out it was a 64kbit and in some places a 56k connection that was sold as being broadband just because you didn't connect via dial-up 😉.
Can't wait for this to come to Bombay.

I have option to hair a taxi for traveling in Delhi 1). Indica(adsl) @ rs 599 2). BMW.(ftth) @rs 590Which one is the best? Can you help...I also want to know other traveling agency given the best offers.... Have you any ......