Mtnl Isdn

mtnltriband

ISP
sefs
Dear FreindsI want a dedicated connectivty option , speed is not imp to me. Any connection with a speed of above 64kbps will do but it should be dedicated with least or nil Disconnection.One of my netpal advised me ISDN for my requirement , viz. dedicated connection with least DC. He alleged that unlike in broadband where disconnection are always there even in ADSL , ISDN is the right option. Dedicated connectivty with no DC and good speed that satisfys my requirement.Thus I want a help in this regard,is ISDN really better than ADSL broadband with respect to dedicated connectivty ie least disconnection ?what will be the average charges for ISDN , installation and monthly tarriff .Note : I am in stock trading business , trading shares online . whenever net is down i suffer a lot .so guide me the right option , i am also cost conscious 🙂

In that case even ISDN is not safe enough since it can go down. In my experience it is better then DSL/ADSL since you get enterprise support (if you take it from Bharti Telecom/Rel Comm) instead of call center based support that you get as "regular" DSL customer.A better option could be to take DSL connection from two providers (Airtel/MTNL/BSNL/VSNL in some areas)+ one wireless service (e.g. Reliance/TATA FWP Phone).With this you can be sure that at least one of these three will work anytime.

Edit: oops...didn't read the first reply...sry...
If reliability/uptime is that important, you'd probably be better off with an ADSL line and a backup cablewalla LAN net instead of putting all eggs in the same basket.

Yes they go down as well. Sometimes its prob with network and phone does not work as well. And sometimes net is too slow to open sites.I had a reliance FWP for net till MTNL came up with ADSL.Till now downtime has been nill with MTNL, but it all depends on actual telephone line. If phone goes dead, net wont work either.

Never even think of those wireless box for main business line(ok for backup!).Adsl copper line is the best option & if you have some problems use your mobile internet then!