MTNL IPTV: What Is The Role Of India Online (iol) In Iptv Service?

• Thread starter Thread starter qwerty
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 8,454

qwerty

Can anyone explain in detail what is India online going to do and what is their role? And what mtnl is doing? who is IOL anyway? which group does it belong? I have not heard that anywhere before!

IOL is the company with which MTNL has tied up with to provide IPTV service. All service related issues for IPTV will be handled by IOL.I got a call from IOL today as I had filled the form for IPTV and the lady spoke very fluent and courteous english which u will never get to hear from MTNL CC.Its a win-win for both the companies. For IOL they can use exisiting telephone lines of MTNL to provide IPTV service and for MTNL just by giving its name, bandwidth and existing customer base can increase their revenue and also increase their customer base by giving out more services on their existing infrastructure of wide network connectivity of telephone lines.So u get IPTV on telephone lines of MTNL but the service is provided by IOL who say would also handle all customer complaints and after sales service with respect to IPTV.So one can expect good service for IPTV as IOL is a private company!

but i foresee a day when there is some fault and when u complain:IOL will say sir its MTNL fault ask themMTNL will say hame pareshan mat karo IOL ko karo!!bingo customer!

^^^That possibity of blame game cannot be denied but IOL will say its MTNL problem only if the problem is with the telephone line or broadband.But if the problem is with the STB or channels it should be handled by IOL. Anyways I am not subscribing to IPTV as of now as my cable is cheap only 200/month for all channels. And IPTV will cost me 199+100(STB rental)+taxes.So it increases my monthly budget by 100 bucks and also decreasing the number of channels. I dont mind paying 100 more/month but only 24 channels, no ndtv or IBN-Live, no CNN, BBC, Set max etc, Noooooooooo.... 🙁

QUOTE(imranais @ Nov 1 2006, 01:16 PM) [snapback]67374[/snapback]
as of now as my cable is cheap only 200/month for all channels.
[/b]

Good to know such rates exist in Bombay. In our area its 350 per month 🙁

I pay just Rs.100 per month with (Rs.500 deposit before 10 years). But I am not living in metros. so not in bombay. I get 40 channels clearly and 10 channels not clearly.

^^^clearly and not clearly???😀I get almost all needed channels for 200/month and I stay at Kalina (Santacruz) area! 🙂

QUOTE(netfreak @ Nov 1 2006, 02:18 PM) [snapback]67377[/snapback]
Good to know such rates exist in Bombay. In our area its 350 per month 🙁
[/b]

man where the heck do you really live? Mumbai? Pune? or US? I am sooo confused! :blink:

QUOTE(max @ Nov 2 2006, 12:33 AM) [snapback]67428[/snapback]
man where the heck do you really live? Mumbai? Pune? or US? I am sooo confused! :blink:
[/b]

in our area its even costlier 360rs/month. vileparle.

So Amish probably u should try IPTV and give us a reveiw, mind u its cost saving for u... 😉EDIT: I meant review... 😀

STB rent: 100rsChannel rent: 199rstax approx. 36 rs.total approx. 335Rschannels: 24 (atleast for now, though MTNL said its adding 74channels)so how is it cheap?

Arre I was kidding re, its ur take whether to go for IPTV or not, pun was intended... 😉335Rs/month for 74 channels (dats what i read somewhere, no confirmation though) as against 360/month, saving 25Rs/month!!!! 😀