mtnl iptv - updates etc

• Thread starter Thread starter banda
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 55
  • Views Views 16,219
It seems everyone is busy with Diwali and thereafter...In the meantime my IPTV connection has become stable, te freezing etc is gone although picture has become less sharp. The channels in the beginning of the lineup are relatively sharp (which means basically the children oriented channels) but unlike what Nish had reported star movies and HBO aren't coming a bit blurred ;( Anyway, since things have become to look better I thought it might be a good idea to report the vital stats related to the connection. It would be interesting to see what other users are getting. These numbers come up when u look at the 192.168.1.1 site ->Status ->ADSL page SNR (Signal to Noice ratio) : 25.5 (Downstream) 10 (Upstream) (the higher the better)Line Attenuation (lower the better): 14 (Down Stream) 6 (upstream)Loss of Signal: 0 CRC errors: (lower the better) 4 (D Stream ) 24 (U Stream)(Note: when I was getting freezing this was as high as 11000 for the upstream)Data Rate: 3072 (DS) 1024 (US)Latency; Fast (DS) Fast (US)

ppl getting 100 or 102 channels? wich two channels (if any) missing?acha, Star movies, HBO and AXN coming na?

yup star movies hbo and axn are still comming 🙂@indiana_jonesmy stats are also pretty similar to indiana_jones... upstream margin and attenuation seems to be affected badly after iptv was installed.the crc errors just increase if you have been connected for a long time .. as they start to accumulate.. but 11000 means that ur attenuation would have been very bat too.u getting 2mbps or 256kbps??SNR Margin28.5db8.5dbdBLine Attenuation16.5db8.0dbdBLoss of Signal00CRC Errors00Data Rate3072 Kbps1023 KbpskbpsLatencyFastFast

one thing i wanted to ask, and it is inspired by the local cable op. what if some problem occurs in your iptv connection, say, line disconnect or some other technical problem! then what? in how much time will it get repaired? if something happens at night, then too the local cable op. tries to resolve it, what about it in MTNL IPTV? i asked the Mtnl CC guys, but they didn't know! ditto for the aksh guys!

I got a call from MTNL today, I thought they were responding to my complaint but they said that they were doing a random check, they were calling from the Shakti Nagar exchange, and had received many complaints from subscribers that fall under that exchange, so they had rectified things there and wanted to check out if things were better at my end. So I went and checked and indeed things have improved no jerks, no stutters, no blurring so now I can say without any hesitation that picture and sound is excellent. Now if only they could find ways to given connections to multiple TVs I can ditch my cable guy.

Hi Folks, Few days back I have got my IPTV installed. TV is working fine....but my wireless n/w has gone bad after working for 2 days after installation. Can someone help me how to use wireless router alongwith new modem that they are providing for MTNL IPTV service. Is there anyone who is using wireless router as well with IPTV without facing problems? Please help me!!!! Though My logical deductions says that its due to the limited bandwidth processing by wireless routers 9somewhere in range of 10Mbps). Waiting for ur replies!!!! In my next post i will compare DISH, Tata Sky and IPTV.

I am not a techy so I dont think i can really help but I am using a wireless router (Netgear) and it stopped working after the IPTV instalation I think there was a problem with the ip address etc since the IPTV installer changed (messed) with lot of things he shd not have, anyway I called the netgear helpline they helped me reconfigure the thing step by step and its working fine now. Whats the make of your router?

May be I was not clear the wireless router is configured for broadband and not for IPTV, IPTV is running from a port in the modem, sorry for the confusion

May be I was not clear the wireless router is configured for broadband and not for IPTV, IPTV is running from a port in the modem, sorry for the confusion
ok no problem buddy.