• Thread starter Thread starter banda
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 55
  • Views Views 16,232

banda

~
ISP
mtnl-256kbps-unltd
since there is not a big userbase for iptv and even smaller no. of subscribers are here on the forums so rather than starting separate threads for info regarding small changes to iptv like addition of channels, downtime etc i am starting this thread. - neo sports is now part of the channels that mtnl iptv is offering (atleast in delh)- there was a firmware update applied yesterday night to the ut-starcom set-top box ( i haven't been able to figure out what exactly changed🙁)- cartoon network is now coming in english , earlier it was hindi only- discovery channel has no sound since the last three days

- neo sports is now part of the channels that mtnl iptv is offering (atleast in delh)

- there was a firmware update applied yesterday night to the ut-starcom set-top box ( i haven't been able to figure out what exactly changed🙁)

- cartoon network is now coming in english , earlier it was hindi only

- discovery channel has no sound since the last three days
note : i am from mumbai

neo sports and catroon n\w is not available here.

Firmware upgrade happens from time to time.Any changes that need to be made are done directly from the server as software is embedded system based.So trouble shooting becomes quite simple.

No problem with discovery channel here.

I got a call from Mtnl Mumbai today. They told me they are giving 6 months free subscription and more than 100 + channels are available. I don't remember the exact number of channels which he said. But i will confirm and tell you.

I got a call from Mtnl Mumbai today. They told me they are giving 6 months free subscription and more than 100 + channels are available. I don't remember the exact number of channels which he said. But i will confirm and tell you.
number of channels are 160 but espn and starsports are not available.
edit:
@nish lal
Time-shift tv feature is still not vailable in mumbai or is it that it is being made available only to ppl who have availed of diwali scheme.
I had got my connection on 25 th aug and Till date (2 months) they have not charged me anything for iptv.

yes they are giving 6months free subscription to all channels, vod, time-shift tv under diwali scheme. they willl take a check for rs 1500 in which 1000 is refundable. and the iptv ppl were so nice that they even included me in diwali scheme although i had taken the connection a few days before the offer started. i had even given them a check which included an year's rent for the stb but after i called them they sent someone over to collect a check for 1500 only!:thumbsup😡anu i am only getting 102 channels

@ anu. How's the quality of Channels. @nish_lal. They told me that 160 channels are available. May be you need to request them

i am in delhi and iptv is provided by different companies in delhi and mumbai.in delhi its aksh optifibre and in mumbai its iol. so there are a few differences between the services they offer. and right now there is no 'package' concept... they are showing all the channels they possibly can

@ anu. How's the quality of Channels. @nish_lal. They told me that 160 channels are available. May be you need to request them
For most of the channels quality is comparable to dvd .Confirm the same from one of your friends bcoz i have a friend of mine who is not at all happy with the quality. He says thee is a lot of disturbance.
But is tstv feature available.
nish lal is staying in delhi and not in mumbai, There are only 102 channels.
edit:

@nish_lal. They told me that 160 channels are available. May be you need to request them
looking at ur post i thought u did not know he is from delhi.So i wrote it.

Anu please read the post before you post. I told Nish lal that MTNL Mumbai is providing 160 channels as i got a call from them.Hmmm. No problems anu

guys call it a truce.. little misunderstanding...🙂 and about the quality of channels ... its very good.. certainly comparable to dvd. when you switch over to a channel you will immediately feel its not very clear and the audio and video are out of sync.. but the distortion goes away and the sound syncs back within a second or two. but the interesting part is that sometimes when i have watched the channel for 5-10 mins it suddenly hits me how clear the channel has become... this happens specially with star movies and discovery. but a few channels are permanently streamed in not-so-great quality like dd sports(but its still far better than cable)

ohhhh.. sounds too good to be true.

ok i just got email from MTNL abt IPTV.. its not 6 months its 2months free. charges etc. same.

not a good offer 🙁

call them(iol) up and ask... there maybe a difference between what mtnl is advertising and what iol is actually giving.... in the end all ur payments will be collected by iol directly