mtnl iptv on windows media center

• Thread starter Thread starter amish
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 103
  • Views Views 102,844
even for me it is bridge mode.Tried changing it to ppoe but was not sucessful@santosh.swhat i meant to say is remote is not fully functional "for eg to increase the volume we have to use the normal remote supplied along with TV but for changing channels we have to use iptv remot' nice too see u here buddy.

@Santosh SHi santosh, Can u please tell me how u wud connect ur Wifi router to ur modem (settings pls). As of now, my wifi router and stb connection doesn't work together. Wheneve i makes STB online, my wifi router goes down and works only as passive hub. Else it works fine.

i have faced the same problem, when the STB is online, the wifi router acts like a hub and the wifi part doesnt work.. an alternative to this is to get a hub or switch which you can get for less than 500 bucks.. place the hub or switch between the modem and the wifi router.. and connect the STB to the switch or hub.. this solved the problem for me...

hmm.. after much tinkering I finally got the hang of it.. I got 2 watch many free 2 air channels on my computer without STB turned on. use vlc as mentioned in this thread previously.. the ip is 225.195.199.200 and port is 5500. change ip`s 2 get difft channels.haven't had patience 2 map all the ip's.. but once done i'll post it here.cheers!

@santosh66,How is audio/video quality when watching it on PC without STB? Is it clean? (please elaborate a bit)

Hi Everbody- Is it still possible to get MTNL IPTV directly on PC without using TV Tuner Card/Box through VLC?? Can somebody give us STEP BY STEP PROCEDURE..... Thnx!!!!

I hv so far been successful in getting mtnl iptv directly on my pc thru vlc but audio/video with 5% clarity. can somebody help??/ perhaps some change in modem configuration.........

Hi Everbody- Is it still possible to get MTNL IPTV directly on PC without using TV Tuner Card/Box through VLC?? Can somebody give us STEP BY STEP PROCEDURE..... Thnx!!!!

they provide their own set-top box but you need you tv tuner ext/internal for comp

but beware with their service ,i surrender 2 months agon but still no one came to collect the box .well their service is very poor😛

HI Blackperl.... I wanna run iptv on pc without TV Tuner Card.... and this is very much possible thru VLC. I hv succeeded but but quality is not good. TPG in Australia and many others are providing service to view it directly on pc without TV Card.And my MTNL IPTV is running without any problem unlike you or many others(as i read many reviews), may be due to I am located within 200mtrs of exchange. I am very much satisfied(might sound strange!) with this. Its almost a month and no glitches yet.

VLC player ?? then you are talking about internet TV !! well IPTV is different from that .u need a tv tuner card for it.believe me a i was using that aksh IPTV

IPTV can actually work on VLC or other media players... companies usually have a free stream on the network for testing purposes. if you can decipher the exact path, you can watch it without the STB on your computer.

IPTV can actually work on VLC or other media players...

the main question is without tv tuner card can comp run IPTV ??

companies usually have a free stream on the network for testing purposes.
is it stream properly with that speed

it can! but the iptv service provider should have the settings for that. and most do. because they cannot test out the quality of service without having a restricted stream... i mean if the customer's connection is behaving weird with the STB... how can the company test out if the problem is the STB itself or the wiring to his place? bsnl i believe had an open stream till sometime back. but it was encrypted later on.