MTNL IPTV: Illogical Pricing Of Iptv/broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter limbus
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 5,693

limbus

ISP
MTNL
The amount of data transferred in IPTV will be proportional to the amount of time that you watch TV. Going by MTNL's current pricing philosophy of charging customers per Mb of data, they should ideally have fixed prices at hourly rates. But obviously they haven't. Because people aren't used to paying time-based charges for TV and will object to any such scheme. So why do internet users put up with these kind of charges? After all, as an internet user, I am paying them for the bandwidth, not the data which is not owned by MTNL.This kind of pricing does not make any sense.

Nope you won't be charged for data !! Only Iptv charges is all you have to pay. Becoz your not using Internet services just one of mtnl internal serverswhich let you access its channels via IP(Internet protocol)

@Saddle, please do a little research about the concept of IPTV before criticizing MTNL so much.IPTV does not use ur internet bandwidth or has any affect on the download limits of ur triband account. U only pay monthly subscription charges for IPTV and that is it. You would not be charged with any extra data usage charges while using IPTV.Ur phone line will bring in 3 signals: 1) Voice (for telephony)2) Data (Internet)3) IPTV (For watching television)Billing of all 3 is independent of each other, i.e if u use more internet, ur voice calls dont reduce or if u watch more tv ur free calls or free MB's do not get affected....

think abt the bandwidth if you were to pay for it while using it for IPTV. 😀 i will go and faint now!