Mtnl Ip Tv

• Thread starter Thread starter anilsaxena
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 5,621

anilsaxena

ISP
mtnl
The cat is finally out of bag. Today MTNL anounced booking of IP TV in Delhi. (I do not know about Bombay err. Mumbai. Most Mumbaikars complain that MTNL is always giving them second priority. But they never talk about good things of life, the mother nature has given them. Another one month and we in Delhi will shiver in cold. And five months later we will be roasted in 45 degree heat. You Mumbaikars, except for a bad rain on a couple of days in the whole year, enjoy nature's bounty. You have Sea for solitude and Marine drive for a cool walk. So stop complaining). Coming back to IPTV in Delhi. MTNL is notorious to waive registrations and other charges after their schemes do not get customers. Is it then worthwhile to wait? Most households now have two TVs. So does that mean we have to install two set top boxes and pay double or there is some "Tod"(meaning: a wicked way to beat the system in Delhi's hindi). Any other issues?

QUOTE(anilsaxena @ Oct 26 2006, 07:36 PM) [snapback]66714[/snapback]
The cat is finally out of bag. Today MTNL anounced booking of IP TV in Delhi. (I do not know about Bombay err. Mumbai. Most Mumbaikars complain that MTNL is always giving them second priority. But they never talk about good things of life, the mother nature has given them. Another one month and we in Delhi will shiver in cold. And five months later we will be roasted in 45 degree heat. You Mumbaikars, except for a bad rain on a couple of days in the whole year, enjoy nature's bounty. You have Sea for solitude and Marine drive for a cool walk. So stop complaining). Coming back to IPTV in Delhi. MTNL is notorious to waive registrations and other charges after their schemes do not get customers. Is it then worthwhile to wait? Most households now have two TVs. So does that mean we have to install two set top boxes and pay double or there is some "Tod"(meaning: a wicked way to beat the system in Delhi's hindi). Any other issues?
[/b]

Forget the better side of Mumbai, since that always existed and hope it remains contrary to global warming effects. Anyway, for now let's talk only about MTNL.

It's really disappointing that the unlimited triband schemes have not yet been launched in Mumbai, whereas the capital of India, New Delhi has witnessed its launch from Rs. 1300 to the slashed rate of approx Rs.900. We Mumbaikars have yet so sniff that deal here. So much for being called the business capital of India and proclamation of explosion in broadband growth. Nothing but double standards and laid back attitude of our babus, sitting on a pile of files and lazy attitude towards their boring life.

Back to IPTV, I read a couple of news articles on Google News, DNA, TOI and HT Mumbai editions, indicating that TRAI has supposedly declared it illegal, so I am quite surprised reading your news update on it.

Anyway, at this point DTH simply rocks. Tata and Star TV's Tata Sky and Zee's Dish TV services are like a breath of fresh air, so am not complaining. Never have all channels looked good and so crystal clear that it hits the eye.

"Anyway, at this point DTH simply rocks. Tata and Star TV's Tata Sky and Zee's Dish TV services are like a breath of fresh air, so am not complaining. Never have all channels looked good and so crystal clear that it hits the eye."But MTNL IP TV appears to be lot cheaper than Zee and Tata DTH service, as per tariff anounced by them.

Patience man patience!! Competition will make even tata and dish to knees.Also one thing thats pinching me is that if Mtnl line(thnaks to lineman) goes dead then we are disconnected from whole world.

yes it means:-No phone-No Internet-No TV back to the stoneage 🙁 and we all know the customer service of MTNL...@anilsaxena: we never complained about mumbai city but what we dont like is double standards of companies like MTNL, Hutch and many others towards commercial capital and highest tax paying city of India...Also u talked weather, marine drive or any other things (except for overpopulation and too much crowd), mumbai is the best for all other things! A proud mumbaikar speaking! 😛

First of all this thread should be moved to IPTV forum.2nd IPTV quality will also match DTH (DVD quality) if not more.Infact IPTV technically can also provide HD TV, because its simplybased on internet protocol, with which you can transmit anythingin any form.DTH would require more transponders for HDTV etc. which Indiacurrently doesnt have, as INSAT launch had failed recently.3rd well, MTNL lines are much better now a days. It has not gonedown from 3-4years with me, it was working even during greatMumbai Mithi floods (we had 8ft waters). Whenever problem arised itwas solved within 10 minutes (yes 10 minutes, once 2mins!!). Onceline disturbance was there, so person had come and solved it withinhalf a day.So based on last 3-4 years risk is less.Infact what if INSAT satellite goes BOOM?!! NO DTH for whole India notjust individual!! till the new transponders (which can mean new satellitelaunch) are not available.I dont think there is any backup satellite.

Insat satellite going boom, what are you talking???? 😱 Its a satellite (I am not saying its impossible) but how can u even compare a satellite failure with the telephone line failure, man didnt expect that from u... B)

hahahahi know its rare. but it has already happened once.. that too indian satellite.dont remember exact news.. but some test rocket by some other countryhit indian satellite. and it stopped functioning.. i doubt if that was done onpurpose. i googled for it but didnt find the news. but i surely remember thathappening.imagine war against india and they blow up indian satellite!!yes i am not comparing wire fault and satellite going off.what i meant is wire fault can be repaired in a day or 2. satellite problemcant be.

nope when did u face wire problem last?i havent faced any in last 3yrs

MTNL's lins are quite stable in my experience. And their landline customer service is decent. Had to call them for a few landline related issues and issues got fixed in a few hours.Their broadband customer service is a different story altogether. Hope it becomes better in future....IMO, both IPTV over DSL and IPTV over Satellite should be equivalent in terms of quality. With DSL, things like channel switching can be faster.

thanks for backing me!!also broadband customer service may be bad but then it hardlygives any hiccups.

QUOTE(Amish @ Oct 27 2006, 12:28 PM) [snapback]66795[/snapback]
nope when did u face wire problem last?

i havent faced any in last 3yrs
[/b]

When did u last face Satellite failure? 😀 . I only said, line problems can happen since u compared line problems and satellite failure.

But ya even I agree MTNL is best for Landline telephony and who can argue about Triband it is simply the Best*.

*As long as its working fine and u dont have to interact with Customer Service agents!!! 😛