MTNL Introduces 20Mbps VDSL Broadband In Mumbai

• Thread starter Thread starter 26thjune
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 14,261
The plan is a joke. 9000 per month for 18GB download???????

Stupidity simplified....MTNL babus have gone crazy....Why they are not lowering current rental charges of broadband ??

The plan is a joke. 9000 per month for 18GB download???????
+1. Even people with 256kbps UL plan will laugh their a** off seeing the download limit of this plan.

Another reason for our friend mgcarley to smile :grin:.

Either way, my understanding is that VDSL, like all other types of DSL, is restricted by distance from the CO, VDSL even more so. So these speeds can be made available only to a select few. Fiber is definitely the way to go, and Hayai is a major step in that direction.

Either way, my understanding is that VDSL, like all other types of DSL, is restricted by distance from the CO, VDSL even more so. So these speeds can be made available only to a select few. Fiber is definitely the way to go, and Hayai is a major step in that direction.

Correct, but it's not like MTNL is running short on exchanges or even mini-exchanges. But I personally wouldn't expect those wire birds-nests to actually deliver that kind of speed. And why would they bother with VDSL @ 20Mbits when they could simply use ADSL2+? If they're going to do VDSL, they should do it at 50+Mbits like it's designed for.

I can tell you right now, I am smiling. I would like to see what the price is like in 6 months.

And why would they bother with VDSL @ 20Mbits when they could simply use ADSL2+? If they're going to do VDSL, they should do it at 50+Mbits like it's designed for.

VDSL can achieve higher upstream data rate. So, MTNL might try to sell this product as a backup for leased lines etc. which are symmetrical. See MTNL First to Introduce VDSL-based 20 mbps Broadband Service | Stock Watch

But it is hard to figure out where they are trying to position this product - why can't MTNL spell this out clearly on their website so it actually makes it easier for customers to make an informed decision???????

Now they are offering the same service for Rs4999pm and increased the data cap to 20GB MTNL VDSL Broadband Internet Services Tariff Plans, vat is MTNL trying to achieve by keeping stupid data caps, first atleast start providing 2Mbps unlimited connection@ reasonable prices of Rs1000pm, they should completely ban data capping system as implemented in all other countries..

Now they are offering the same service for Rs4999pm and increased the data cap to 20GB MTNL VDSL Broadband Internet Services Tariff Plans, vat is MTNL trying to achieve by keeping stupid data caps, first atleast start providing 2Mbps unlimited connection@ reasonable prices of Rs1000pm, they should completely ban data capping system as implemented in all other countries..

1. It is not yet economically feasible to provide a 2Mbit/s connection in India for Rs 1,000. The wholesale cost of the bandwidth alone would exceed that, even for the prices which MTNL gets bandwidth at.

I could hazard a guess that MTNL could do a 100-200GB plan @ any speed for about Rs1000+ST - so these VDSL plans are still stupid. And even worse is that the speeds are ADSL2 speeds (20Mbit/s), not proper VDSL speeds (50Mbit/s).

2. Bandwidth caps are implemented in almost every country around the world. Only in very few countries can you get a true high-speed, unlimited connection. "Unlimited" plans in most countries come with FUP's, ranging from 50 to 400GB per month depending on the country and ISP.