MTNL Important Contact details i.e e-mail address or mobile no.

DC is largely dependent on line quality. Whenever the SNR falls below a certain level (6, I believe), the line looses sync. Certainly not an inherent problem, but if the line from the exchange to your place is very old DCs will continue to take place, it isnt a server issue either. Only changing the line will solve your issues. For my part, I haven't experienced DCs ever, awesome line quality is to be thanked 😛

Hmm I am looking at DSL-2750u Wireless N ADSL2+ 4-Port Wi-Fi Router. It has 2 antennas also its supposed to be IP6 compliant. Netgear & Linksys have IP6 modem/routers but they are quite expensive (around 10k on ebay.in). I currently use D-Link 502T modem & a Linksys WRT54G wifi router. Both are outdated & have no chance of a s/w upgrade (for technical reasons). I have heard that D-Link (maybe even others) could do a ‘buy back’ for its existing loyal customers but I am not sure when.
@X720 Totally agree with you about the line problem
SNR Margin 27 & 8
Line Attenuation 31 & 21
In the past my snr margin used to 37 downstream & >12 upstream. But my line had gone dead a week ago all this crap has started.
BTW For those who will suggest using bridge mode, I don’t use that option for many reasons. Also there is no flaw with the D-Link units as I have spoken to a lot of people in that company when they checked out my unit.

Usually i get DC when snr < 10@socrates Nice to see you posting again 😀 also PS Pls ignore idiots whose arrogance is only exceeded by their ignorance which they love to flaunt. Before anyone gets ideas this is no reference to anyone on this thread so far. 😀 Sox knows will know who I am referring to.

@SocratesI'm pretty sure ipv6 won't be coming to MTNL any time soon, and when they do implement it, manufacturers would be forced into bringing more models to India.

From the number of newsletters they keep sending it seems they are 'serious' 🙂 But it wont be a question of 'if' but when they will be forced to. Even Linksys/Cisco has a poor record in USA for upgrading their existing modems/routers & coming out with newer models which are compliant. Currently D-Link, (Netgear, Linksys very expensive) have compliant models many others I wrote to have admitted that they don't have compliant models in our country. I guess it a game of wait & watch 🙂