MTNL honestly declares inability to provide triband and plans expansion

• Thread starter Thread starter amish
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 4,330
Yaa and MTNL does not charge you "anything" unless connection has been provided. With others ISPs you pay some $$$ upfront and wait for connection...

where ;s the news? when i click on the link, its gives me "samuels upset with coach?
Is Samuels MD of MTNL 😉

It was ther eon TOI Bombay, in second or third page i guess. It was an advert from MTNL itself.

Interstingly the same link point to another news I posted above when I selected the Delhi Paper......its in Mumbai edition

the link i posted is from hindustan times epaper. i think it requires u to register. so first login and then click on the link.OR u can go to epaper. mumbai edition. page 18. HT sport section.

But i intrepret it as severe lack of vision and lazyness from their part..Failure to provide even 1 connection to their potential customer translates into huge loss for their business

specifically when they have the resources. and the time! triband was launched last year right?

lack of planning - yes, but they're trying to correct it atleast? They're not giving any false promises. And they're being honest and transparent. I dont think any ISP would do this 😉

it is not bad planning. they did plan based on X number of connections per year. they themselves admit that response was much more than what they planned.its like cooking for 5 guests and suddenly 10 guests arrive. no matter how finger licking ur food is, its always going to fall short.(of amount and expectations)

Well they didnt fall short of equipment in a single day..they must have know in advance wats gonna happen..their response has been of a typical lazy govt dept.. ..they know they have no competititon so they can take liberty of placing such kind of ads.I would like them to place the same ad when local loop has been unbundled and ppl have other options..

its not just abt equipment... its a process and process requires man power. first u apply then work order is released. then checks are made abt feasibility. then order goes to main center to create account. then they confirm .. create port. and port binding. then inform billing dept...go to customers place..setup a/c. .. so its long process.. and with so many users lined up in queue its not easy.P.S. process may not be exactly in that order.

well thats the whole point. they very well know what kind of a process they have and how much time its gonna take...not planning while keeping it in mind speaks volumes abt how the organisation is run..they'll keep procrastinating on various issue's often unnecessarily and make them as complicated as they can....who cares abt any delays as long nobody in the org loses out on anything..

@amish, its not just about the process. They are short of infrastructure like DSLAM ports, ADSL Modems etc.And getting new infrastructure is not easy for govt dept.