MTNL Mumbai MTNL has raised post FUP speeds to 1-2 mbps on all plans

Woah! Thats 50% of the starting speed.
Hope they do something like this for all plans proportionately , especially FTTH plans. It is ridiculous that 20Mbps FUP plan has 1.5Mbps post FUP speed.
Same goes with other 6 & 8 Mbps, post FUP is measly 1.5 Mbps

Any idea if something has been upgraded for the closed plans? I'm on the DSL Unlimited 999 plan and it looks like MTNL no longer has this listed anywhere on their site.

@demonicult Thanks for the link. The last upgrade for this plan moved me to 12 hours @ 2 MBPS and balance time at 1.13 MBPS. It's a decent enough plan for truly unlimited speeds without any FUP.

I suppose the only change I can expect is if TRAI fixes broadband at 2 MBPS.

On a related note, does it make sense to switch to any of the newer plans?

@beyondinvisible
If you don't want to pay any higher and enjoy almost the same benefit then I say switching to BB-1000-2M would make more sense to you
BB-1000-2M http://mtnlmumbai.in/index.php/broadband/triband/unlimited-plans#fup-unlimited-plans
2Mbps for 50GB, post FUP 1Mbps at ₹ 1000.

If you know how much data you consume per month (login your MTNL page and check your data usage of last month), this is an easy answer. If you are using less than 50GB or about 60-70GB per month then switching your plan is no brainer to you.

IMO, Time based plans make no sense now a days.

At your present plan you probably are not going to use up more than 70-80GB per month unless you just keep downloading 2-3 movies and other stuff every single day.
Depending on your usage per day you wouldn't need more than 2-3GB, that comes to about 80-90GB per month. So even if you exhaust your FUP data after about 3 weeks you can manage 1 week with 1Mbps easily. That is what you get during the day anyway in your plan.

If you are working 9-5 or something then its great, you would not be using up your 50GB in 3 weeks anyway.