• Views Views 2,345

kanishka

Linux geek
ISP
512 UL BSNL
Mtnl really jokes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

With 2Mbps unlimited for just 20,000/--- that really cheap :yahoo:

Any have got that ??????????

Bsnl is planning for 2Mbps for 1800 rs /------what Mtnl is thinking to do?

Make as much money as possible even though their services are not upto the mark. Most of the websites including hotmail and yahoo mail were not accessible all day for me!

Bsnl planning 2 mbps for 1800 is as good as microsoft turning open source . I dont know why people are spreading this kind of BS when there is no official source .

This is riduculous. They are unable in Mumbai-West to give 512 kbps. Look at what I am getting for for past six months:

https://www.speedtest.net

So many emails and telephoned issues taken up. Yet nothing. So do we go the print and TV media or what?

@snpeximas per ur screenshot u have been alloted a bw of 6Mbps.

@anu

Yes ... I got my problem resolved. Now I am getting good service for over three weeks. Check out my current speeds ...

I had to work on the Tel. Exc. worms real hard and then their techies did it for me.

I still do not understand 'Local/Remote Tx Power' settings. Are these set by them or are they the result of some settings? Please comment someone.

I have, a few days ago, upgraded from the DSL-399 to the DSL-599 plan so that my download limit is now 1 GB. Even this is not enough. If I request for the download speeds to be set for 2 Mbps, will I continue to get excellent connectivity and continous service like I am getting for the past three weeks? This is my issue. What I actually need is better upload speeds since mostly I get 150 to 350 kbps inspite of the over 400 kbps shown in the test.

so u are entitled to a min speed of 512Kbps
check out this "speed clarification"
for all plans uploading speed is 256Kbps if u are getting above that then consider urself lucky.
check point number ix)
MTNL Broadband Internet Services Tariff Plans
uploading speed info courtesy :amish
@anu
If I request for the download speeds to be set for 2 Mbps, will I continue to get excellent connectivity and continous service like I am getting for the past three weeks? This is my issue

i did not get what u meant to say.kindly explain
in my case "Local/Remote Tx Power is 0.33 dB / 2.5 dB"

Notice that the speed is '2 Mbps' and not 'upto 2 Mbps'. This means a constant 2 Mbps is ensured, and that this plan is mainly meant for businesses.

so u are entitled to a min speed of 512Kbps
check out this \"speed clarification\"
for all plans uploading speed is 256Kbps if u are getting above that then consider urself lucky.
check point number ix)
MTNL Broadband Internet Services Tariff Plans
uploading speed info courtesy :amish

i did not get what u meant to say.kindly explain
in my case \"Local/Remote Tx Power is 0.33 dB / 2.5 dB\"

---------------------------------

I fear that if I ask for upgrade of my download speed, they may change some settings which might be detrimental to my current 'consistant' if slow connection. I have gone thru times when even conectivity was a problem.