MTNL FTTH In Mumbai

• Thread starter Thread starter joels
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 76
  • Views Views 36,718
Cant seem to find any info on the website. All pages referring to ftth turn up as 404s

I've mailed them and called also but still there is no reply from their side as of..i think they have withdrawn the plans well fingers crossed hoping for the best...

There is nothing on their website, questions about it asked on FB get ignored & checking out with senior staff at Prabhadevi get replies that its currently given only to 'BIG' customers read businesses who need the bandwidth & are willing to pay for it. I was told 'couple of lakhs' examples given were some travel agencies in that area. The then MD in 2008 had said they would start laying fiber cable to housing societies starting Dec 2009 but I have not seen any action on that front.

I think MTNL do not have funds to deploy FTTH right now and looking at exorbitant price of plans. They will currently offer to small to medium business as big corporates wont take service from MTNL. Future is bleak right now. In Mumbai, I think wireless broadband will sustain as to have backbone of fiber to large scale customers. Eagerly waiting for Reliance Infotel 4G launch in Mumbai. Definitely need broadband revolution to take place. 🙂

Looks like a page developed but not integrated properly with the site as FTTH is probably not ready to be implemented yet. They are still trying to milk FTTH. 😡😱:rofl:

Atleast they r offering 10Mbps speeds...... I thought 2 or 4 Mbps looking at launch news........ Anyways it will probably take long time to get implemented in western suburbs..... I am on UL 1333 atm...... so if they hav a plan costing Rs.1500 10Mbps with 100GB FUP, I will probably go for it.....

Afaik it was launched some time last year. There were some reports then it died down (as usual)

whoa! 2590 for a 20mbps line aint too bad, 130gb is sufficient for my purposes and anyways 1.3 mbps after! Im sure this is not gonna be available in most places. I did see an mtnl banner at an office building in nariman point yesterday saying it is ready for ftth, which is what piqued my interest and came into this thread. Im gonna call up the csc tomorrow, lets see what happens.

Has anyone in Worli area got FTTH? What are the speeds like? Would be great if someone could post fresh reviews, as the last one on this thread is from May 2009 (> 3 years old).

I have left a query at CC. They will revert soon if FTTH is available near Prabhadevi Telephone exchange. Seems like Hayai blew it

I have left a query at CC. They will revert soon if FTTH is available near Prabhadevi Telephone exchange. Seems like Hayai blew it

They have availability in the general prabhadevi area. But its building specific. What the SE told me for my building(which is not wired yet) is that there have to be 15 interested customers in my building for them to wire it up.

Call the prabhadevi exchange and ask to speak to the SE of QSQC, he will tell you about your building.