MTNL for Windows 7 plz help....

• Thread starter Thread starter Nemesis87
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 5,365

Nemesis87

ISP
MTNL
I have Sterlite SAM300AX modem (512kbps UL plan) , LAN1 connection is to my old pc (Windows XP) for my other new pc (Windows 7) i connected it through LAN2 Socket via CAT5 cable.is there ne setting required in modem page 192.168.1.1?? because LAN2 led is lit but other pc (Windows 7) don't show ne connection to internet & this router page is not showing in Windows 7 pcdo i have to install drivers in my windows 7 pc or windows 7 ill automatically detect it??the CD provided with SAM300AX contains drivers only for Windows 98,NT,2k,XP not Windows 7.

there must b an option to install manually from cd...try that by running drivers setup for win2k

Does it Win7 PC connect to the webs when you use the LAN1 port? If not then you need to enable your LAN adapter on your PC.

problem solved... i was connecting other pc to LAN2 port after seeing the http://mtnldelhi.in/services/con_s.doc documnet i know it was a voip port so connected it to LAN4 port n kazoom net connected on both pc..
& No setting/driver required on Windows 7, just once click on system tray icon form troubleshooting for DHCP enabling problem 🙂

Dont be so quick to blame microsoft next time.

if u look carefully i have blamed mtnl/sterlite site/cd for not providing driver for windows 7 (newer OS) not even vista drivers are found in them.So u can think of how old the modem CD/driver updates is from the provider.

If you see their website http://www.sterlitetechnologies.com/cpe.aspx they seem to be very basic, no downloads or firmware updates. Even the wrong connection info is not corrected on their sites. It's found on MTNL Delhi site lol. They are indeed primitive & don't seem interested in customer service (maybe only MTNL & BSNL are their customers). There is another thread on this forum started last year by another member who had so many problems that he ultimately bought his own modem (D-Link).