MTNL Fiber to the Home (FTTH) to offer 10Gbps High speed Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter ace_neo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 174
  • Views Views 45,990
The best part about fivenet is that you will NOT NEED 4-10 Mbps connection to download anything from torrent etc

You will find EVERYTHING on DC++ ...from where you can download the Movies/Games/Books/Softwares at the speed of 50 Mbps !!!

4-10 Mbps will be just for browsing ...and for browsing....anything above 2 Mbps is pretty good and wont make much difference 🙂

Still nice.. :clapping: Torrent download speed? is it constant or will it vary?:quiet:

Speedtest.net - always telling 10 Mbps connection (my signature image is an exception)
Torrent Speed - Minimum of 400 Kbps always - with upside variations upto 700-800 Kbps 🙂
DC++ - Depending upon the users sharing the file - but on average the speed is 50 Mbps :yahoo:

any idea about connection ratio ?

PON has a 1:32 ratio usually, but sometimes 1:64 or 1:128 is possible, although this requires exceptionally high quality optics to work, and I doubt MTNL is deploying that. Otherwise the contention ratios if they measure them at the border of the network will be the same as ADSL, which I think is currently 1:11 or 1:12

Do we really need 10 Gbps connectivity at home??

Yes.

^ 10Gbps is far far away,lets talk about 10mbps with affordable tariffs and nice FUP's,

It's already possible, I don't know why operators aren't doing it 😀

Zero to sixty in 5.43 hours 😀

This is only a concern if you're planning to use the connection for downloading movies. If you're just a normal net user who isn't a huge download freak then you should be otherwise fine.

The best part about fivenet is that you will NOT NEED 4-10 Mbps connection to download anything from torrent etc

You will find EVERYTHING on DC++ ...from where you can download the Movies/Games/Books/Softwares at the speed of 50 Mbps !!!

4-10 Mbps will be just for browsing ...and for browsing....anything above 2 Mbps is pretty good and wont make much difference 🙂

We're hoping to achieve a similar (but better) result in our network with HZ.

Speedtest.net - always telling 10 Mbps connection (my signature image is an exception)
Torrent Speed - Minimum of 400 Kbps always - with upside variations upto 700-800 Kbps 🙂
DC++ - Depending upon the users sharing the file - but on average the speed is 50 Mbps :yahoo:

Could it be you mean 400 kilobytes per second? If so then bytes are normally abbreviated using a capitalized B while a small b is used to denote bits. So you should say 400 KBps.

Could it be you mean 400 kilobytes per second? If so then bytes are normally abbreviated using a capitalized B while a small b is used to denote bits. So you should say 400 KBps.

Or we could just eliminate all confusion and say 400kbit/s or 400kbyte/s.

^ ya good way to mention bandwidth,else most of the times there remains the confusion over units which are crucial for quantitative measurement on an entity.

MTNL Delhi provide FTTH to existing customer? How do we know FTTH available in our area and whom to contact.

MTNL Delhi provide FTTH to existing customer? How do we know FTTH available in our area and whom to contact.
call 197 to take phone no. of broadband incharge or area manager of your area and ask them about this FTTH, I am sure that it will take a year or so to roll out this in complete delhi

Meanwhile... in Lithuania

It's nice to know that a lot of people feel my frustration with the existing providers in this country... the whole thing that I've seen in Europe is that providers are always trying to out-do each other in speed and offerings, whereas providers here are "how cheap can we provide 256k?" In Finland it was 24mbit/s vs 30, then the race pretty much skipped up to 100 vs 110, now it's 1000...

I told someone today that we are looking at 1Gbit/s and his eyes nearly popped out of his head, so... I look forward to blasting the Indian players services out of the water by changing the contest.