MTNL Dynamic IP Problem

• Thread starter Thread starter vinay1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 3,284

vinay1

ISP
MTNL
Recently got connection from MTNL Broadband and i'm facing some problem.1. My Dynamic IP (WAN IP) address changes automatically after sometime due to which i am unable to download heavy files even though they are resumable.As far as i know the dyanmic ip only changes when u start new session i.e., logout and again login. 2. Also the DSL light which should be stable starts blinking after sometime. Is this connectivity problem? I'm having ADSL DNA -A212 wireless router. Pl help..

Seems like no one in this forum knowns answer to my question....

Seems like no one in this forum knowns answer to my question....

sorry for the late reply...
your problem seems to be related to the line...
if your DSL line blinks that means your line goes out of sync and so you get disconnected from the internet and on reconnection you get a new dynamic IP.
Post your line stats.... SNR - Attenuation - Sync rates etc for better advice.... but for now its seems like a line problem or MTNL DSLAM problem nothing you can fix on your own.

ya, your problem is due to the disconnection of your connection. This problem is common in Mtnl so do register a complaint so that you get stable connection.

hey thanx man... no sorry pl... really very frustrated b'coz of this.
Earlier i was having Sify BB and used IDM to download all my files which was quiet fast but there tariff are pretty high. Can u pl suggest any other download manager which supports such change in IPs.

I am new to MTNL hence don't know anything abt SNR - Attenuation - Sync rates ... pl help

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

ya, your problem is due to the disconnection of your connection. This problem is common in Mtnl so do register a complaint so that you get stable connection.

Thanx....

I don't know what your firmware looks like, but I have the DNA-2011 wireless router from the same manufacturer so I think yours maybe similar to mine.
Login to http://192.168.1.1
goto device info tab then goto statistics and then ADSL
take a screen shot of your screen and post here.
you can try to use any other download manager there are many out there like flashget or free download manager but suspect if any of them will help in your case if you have frequent disconnect problem with MTNL.
post your screen shot and we will try to further guide you on your issue.

I don't know what your firmware looks like, but I have the DNA-2011 wireless router from the same manufacturer so I think yours maybe similar to mine.
Login to http://192.168.1.1
goto device info tab then goto statistics and then ADSL
take a screen shot of your screen and post here.
you can try to use any other download manager there are many out there like flashget or free download manager but suspect if any of them will help in your case if you have frequent disconnect problem with MTNL.
post your screen shot and we will try to further guide you on your issue.

Already tried a/m download managers (does not work).

Details :

Mode: ADSL2+
Line Coding: Trellis On
Link Power State: L0

Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin (dB): 12.3 17.4
Attenuation (dB): 24.5 11.5
Output Power (dBm): -23.7 -9.2
Attainable Rate (Kbps): 2924 1288
Rate (Kbps): 607 261
MSGc (number of bytes in overhead channel message): 81 13
B (number of bytes in Mux Data Frame): 4 4
M (number of Mux Data Frames in FEC Data Frame): 1 16
T (Mux Data Frames over sync bytes): 3 6
R (number of check bytes in FEC Data Frame): 12 16
S (ratio of FEC over PMD Data Frame length): 0.2459 9.4815
L (number of bits in PMD Data Frame): 553 81
D (interleaver depth): 384 8
Delay (msec): 23 18

Super Frames: 325268 309065
Super Frame Errors: 2 2
RS Words: 84895066 2197241
RS Correctable Errors: 9963 3
RS Uncorrectable Errors: 16 N/A

HEC Errors: 2 5
OCD Errors: 0 0
LCD Errors: 0 0
Total Cells: 7475064 176795256
Data Cells: 4749165 22211837
Bit Errors: 0 7072638

Total ES: 1 1
Total SES: 0 0
Total UAS: 30 30

Thanx

SNR margin is poor... attenuation is higher than SNR.... you have to report this to MTNL. ask them for a check on your line... tell them your connection keeps restarting... they have to send the linesman out to check and maybe replace some wire or other hardware on their end.

SNR margin is poor... attenuation is higher than SNR.... you have to report this to MTNL. ask them for a check on your line... tell them your connection keeps restarting... they have to send the linesman out to check and maybe replace some wire or other hardware on their end.

thanx Mac...