MTNL DSL NU 849 (Night Unlimited) Plan Accounting Night Usage Too!

• Thread starter Thread starter zeo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 4,173

zeo

Trance junkie
ISP
MTNL DSL NU 849
Hi,
I recently got my MTNL TriBand connection commissioned and this is my very first month of usage. I've opted for "DSL NU 849" (night unlimited) plan.

But all my downloads during the night unlimited period get accounted in the "Accounted Volume" column in my account inspite of switching off & on the modem before & after 0000 Hrs as instructed in the website of MTNL.

I wanted to know whether the downloads at night will be billed as there's a note at the bottom of the account page which reads: "Cost is calculated based on Accounted Time when Rating Type is set to Hour / Occupancy and on Accounted Volume when set to Volume."
Also if anyone has this night unlimited plan, are downloads during the night period accounted for in the account?

I lodged a complaint regarding the same through their customer service and amazingly they responded to it the same day but as you might have guessed by now no action has been taken till date.

Any help/advise will be greatly appreciated.

Man, I don't think this is normal. I mean why is that usage going into the 'chargeable' section?I have no idea about MTNL's billing. Wait for someone using MTNL to reply. 🙂

Ya its normal for @users........dis is different server where they show us night usage data as accounted volume.......me too on dis server.....dey dnt charge....🙂......juz make sure u reboot ur modem at 12:10 am n 7:20 am........cuz dis server is also 20-25 mins ahead of IST........🙁.........

juzz for UR info......in there office dey hav different site to check our usage....where der is a additional column of rs.....

d cost for usage between 12-8 is shown as Rs.0 der............

unfortunately......dey dnt provide us tat site.....cuz it requires sum administrative previliges frm der side.......🙁

the usage is counted bt it is not charged in the bill .....no need to worry:thumb:

Thanks a lot iChaitanya, Predator, and siddharth021 for your reply. Now I can breathe a sigh of relief.😗

I just wanted to ask one more question that how will I come to know my day time usage and night time usage separately? I mean in the account site they give the "Grand Total" of all the usage.

@Predator: As their server is ahead by 20-25 minutes IST, do they use the same time to account the usage or the actual IST time? If I login at say 11:40 PM, will it be considered as a night time usage?

Once again thank you people for sparing your invaluable time to reply. Keep in good spirits!:thumb:

Hi Dude.. to know your night usage separately do the following (note: only applicable to @a userids ie those on alcatel servers): 1. Open the usage section. 2. Select the following settings:A) View type: DetailB) Select: Month wiseC) Month: Choose any month acc to your needD) Service: Access Service 3. Click on View 4. On the new page, on the bottom there is a Download as CSV button. Click on it. Save the csv file on your desktop. 5. Open the csv file with excel. 6. To reduce clutter in the file, hide the columns titled Session time, Service, Rating Type, Accounted, Upload volume, Download volume, Total Volume. You dont need these to calculate usage. 7. Resize the columns Start time and Endtime so that you can see both the date and time the the cells. 8. Save the file as xls (You cant save formatting in a csv file) 9. Now delete the rows where the start time and end time are BOTH between 00:00:00 and 08:00:59 (trust me on this value) These rows are your night usage which wont be counted towards actual usage. Example delete row with Start time = 12 Oct 01:51:01 and end time = 12 Oct 07:33:33Dont delete row with Start time = 12 Oct 19:00:00 and end time = 12 Oct 00:33:33 Above are sample values10. Do the above for every day of the month. 11. For the remaining rows, total the Accounted volume column. This will be your accounted volume which counts towards the 1.25 gb limit. 12. Remember, 1 GB = 1024 MB 13. Done!! Hope this helps.

Dude the above way is also correct to check ur night usage.........

But below is the method which i prefer to check my usage.......😕

Open ur usage page.....select detail in view type and date wise below tat....
n access service....click on view
By this method u get to see only daytime usage........n also u r concern wid tat only........night usage doesnt matters at all....cuz its free....😀

open usage details as above .....
den click on c [that is for calender.....]
select same date [i.e. from date and to date.....both shud be same.....(select frm calender...it wud be easy...)]
then u hav to select "fROM date" timing to 08 hrs 00 minutes....
n keep "to date" timing as 23 hrs 59 minutes...

all set......

den just select different dates from calender ........keep d timings same......it wont change......u wud get exact usage of the day....

by this method i get the whole month day usage in juz 15 mins.......😀

N use a calci to sum up ur day usage.......so tat u can get whole month day usage......

Thank you again people for your reply especially Icem@n for your nice innovative method.

@Predator: Yours is a novel method too but the only discrepancy in your method is that if you had any time switched on your modem before 12:00 AM (say 11:30 PM) and switched it off after 12:00 AM (say 1:00 AM), then your method will not take into account the usage which was between 12:00 AM to 1:00 PM. And this usage won't be considered as night usage because the modem was not specifically rebooted at 12:00 AM.

Anyway this usage won't matter much as every night unlimited user will download heavy stuffs only after rebooting his/her modem at 12:00 AM.