• Thread starter Thread starter james77
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 7,911

james77

ISP
mtnl
I recently saw this new plan 'DSL 249 Combo' on the mtnl website :thumb:
Initially I thought that it is the same DSL 249 plan , but this combo one is different :yahoo:
This one offers speeds upto 2Mbps and dl limit of 400 mb :cool2:

I am currently on 200P plan and am planning to shift to this 'DSL 249 Combo' plan . I hardly make any calls from the landline and 400 mb per month is enough for me.
So I wanted some suggestions whether it would be a good idea to switch to this 'DSL 249 Combo' plan ?
I wonder if there is any catch in this plan !

Also it is mentioned at the mtnl site

For Combo Plans-Registration charges as per landline general tariff

Monthly CPE Service Charges for MTNL CPE -

3. For DSL 249 combo & DSL combo 500 Plans: NIL

What is this registration charge ? Do I have to pay any more charges to shift to this plan ?

And why no cpe charges for combo plans ?

Kindly advise 😕

So I wanted some suggestions whether it would be a good idea to switch to this 'DSL 249 Combo' plan ?
Sounds fine to me

What is this registration charge ? Do I have to pay any more charges to shift to this plan ?

there is no 'shifting' plan charges, they charge registration at the time of installation of new connection.

hmm I would say marketing strategy ?

well it's not that smart a marketing strategy , is it ?

ok , one more doubt
suppose I take this combo plan and a few months later I wish to change my plan again , to say 849NU , then will they change it bcoz then they will probably have to change my landline plan as well since there is no 849NU combo plan 🙂

Also I found this on the bottom of this link
MTNL Broadband Internet Services Tariff Plans
Registration charge is Waived off

At one place they mention registration charges and then at the bottom they write this 😕

You can change your plan whenever you want at the end of the monthly billing cycle by giving them a written application and its best if you would ask the Customer care if they would change your landline plan as well.

I think here Mumbai has advantage. I pay Rs.75 for wireless CPE. But we do get 100 calls free.

Well, later if you migrate to, say 849 Nu from combo plans( monthy rent of landline included) then they would change your landline plan too.I'm not exactly sure of the plan but mostly it's gonna be the plan with least rental.

YAH u r rite, but mtnl also offers combo 500 too , u can check that but if u go for other plans without combos you ned to c which landline plan n BB plan u want:redface:

i just applied for it, lady didnt tell me that its closed. i also got the docket number.

GUYS ITS DER , i mean 249 combo z der and now the landlne rate has been slashed to 1.2 earlier it was 1.5 / pulse.check website Ris

Thats old plan, the plan is same but they renamed it as COMBO plan. So DSL 249 is gone and replaced by DSL 249 Combo.

yah but they have re launched the same combo DSL 249 with reduced tariff of 1.2 ok so plan still exist with wef 010109okWHAT de problem man dsl 249 combo is still der , call centre told me wher did u call

My plan got changed. Applied on 29th got confirmation call on 30th. And got changed on 31st, but at 10PM!!

I wonder if MTNL people work so late. Because plan had not changed till 8PM. I also got email from them and it was sent at around 10PM.

Funny thing is, they think I am working in Air force!! This is plan description.

Broad band Service (For Air Force) with Access Speed of 256 Kbps. Monthly Tariff is Rs.249, Monthly Free download is 400MB, One Free Email ID with 4MB Space. Additional Usage Charges Rs.1/MB.