MTNL downtime

• Thread starter Thread starter jammy123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 6,241
well, i don't know much about that...just told u what it's showing in my account info...

Originally posted by coolbuddy_79@Jun 5 2005, 09:04 AM
don't bring ur head in between agnivo, everything will get fried....hahahahahaha
[snapback]11395[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well what do u mean and know about the above ? :blink:

Originally posted by coolbuddy_79@Jun 5 2005, 08:43 AM
i agree with u, it's not at all a good speed, and am not getting more than 25 kBps :angry:

so, check on those things...ur line and distance...and DSL in itself means a dedicated bandwidth...unlike cable...
[snapback]11384[/snapback]
[/quote]

Line quality as far as MTNL is concerned isnt pretty good coz the copper cables were laid out quite a long time back especially when compared to new entrants like airtel.

And how do u gauge the distance between ur home and the exchange? The distance by road would not be the same distance that the copper line takes. The amplifiers that these people put on the lines work only for the voice frequency (4 KHz i think) but not for the frequencies for DSL.

Does anybody know what technology triband uses?I am not too sure but i think DSL works over different categories like PPPoE and PPPoA etc, each having different overheads. Maybe the reported speeds of Triband are due to high overhead.

MTNL sucks......now my router is faulty....i've had enough of these dorks...MTNL sucks.....abey yaar yeh log complaint hi nahin attend karte....my nets been down....this is the second day....at least sify gets 30 KBPS download.

agni, that's just a joke, nothing else 😉

cyberwiz, when we say distance, u don't need to know the exact distance!!! and yes, for an approximation road distance is fine...coz we all know that the wires from the exchange to ur (our) house don't come on a straight line...so it's just an approximation of the distance...obviously the person who's 1 km further than u from the exchange won't have a shorter wire!! 🙂

as far as ur frequency issue is concerned, i think thisView attachment 154 will help u...

and visit http://mtnl.net.in/test/index.htm regarding ur overhead issues...though they're using PPPoE...

hope these are useful to u 😀

is the configuration page of DSL-502T accessible???and what's the status of the LEDs???

seems, it's not even connected with ur comp...try to check that connectivity first...use the ethernet port...ur ehternet LED should be on and stable...then if ADSL is not on, check ur phone line...it should either be stable or blinking...if blinking, no connection...if stable, it's connected...check all these and let us know if u're still having probs... 🙂

there r freq downtimes.. esp in the early afternoon...n early evenin... the modem just refuses 2 connect...it is very similar 2 our dial up days wen the access nos wre always engaged...