• Thread starter Thread starter dinjo_jo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1,470

dinjo_jo

Regular
ISP
MTNL
Hi All,My plan in MTNL 2Mbps download limit of 5GB there are certain problems on my internet connection.1) I get great speed on my plan around 1 - 1.5 mbps actual download speed on torrents & flashget while downloading but on browsers i dont get more than 60-70kbps download speed.2) After 10-15 days of month usage the lines starts to disconnect with ADSL light blinking and re-connecting.My modem is D-Link GLB-802C so same you have to use a static IP but how do i use it as i dont have IP Address and subnet.

1) Pls post your speed test result from Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test
2) Regarding the disconnections does your tel line come directly to your modem or do you have parallel connections, if yes that could be a problem, also do you use a splitter?
Just because you use D-Link GLB-802C does not mean you have to use fixed IP. 🙂. Instructions are mentioned elsewhere on this forum also check out Technical Details

If problem still persists then contact your DE in your exchange, he should be able to sort it out.
BTW which exchange are you on?
Hope it helps 🙂

I'll post the results when i reach home tonight.But i do remember correctly that it showed 0.5mbps download speed whereas i was downloading at great 1 mbps.I do have a line in my previous room but why does this happens only after 10-15 days not before ? What actually is a splitter ? I'm very bad at hardware

A microfilter is a small device that plugs into your normal telephone socket and splits the line into both a standard telephone socket and a ADSL broadband socket.

The microfilter (we call it splitter) must be the first device plugged into the socket. Failure to have a microfilter correctly installed may result in interference (buzzing noises etc.) on your telephone and / or reduced performance and possible loss of service on your broadband access.
Also see ADSL filters explained

Also call 1504 and get your connection reset from exchange. For flickering ADSL light, please dail 198 and register your complain. Seems like a line fault.