• Views Views 5,500

boygr8

Regulars
ISP
MTNL Broadband
I sent the following fax to MTNL Delhi's GM broadband

Fax No is 23737514
Email is gmbb@bol.net.in

Faxing from you r computer is easy. I use mightyfax printer driver and it faxes my MS Word Document via the dial up modem.

If possible plz do so
[FONT=&quot]Dear GM MTNL broadband

I would like to bring to your notice that MTNL is synchronizing the downstream for unlimited users at 256 kbps. According to definition of broadband by TRAI on your website at [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Definition: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Broadband Internet Service[/FONT][FONT=&quot] - [/FONT][FONT=&quot]An 'always-on' data connection that is able to support interactive services including Internet access and has the capability of the minimum download speed of 256 kilo bits per second (kbps) to an individual subscriber from the Point of Presence (POP) of the service provider intending to provide Broadband Internet service where multiple such individual Broadband connections are aggregated and the subscriber is able to access these interactive services including the Internet through this POP. The interactive services will exclude any services for which a separate licence is specifically required, for example, real-time voice transmission, except to the extent that it is presently permitted under ISP licence with Internet Telephony." [/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Since there are always about 13% of ATM and TCP overhead losses, the effective speed can never exceed 220 kbps which is a complete violation of TRAI 's guidelines which say speed must be over 256 kbps
Initially MTNL used to implement the TRAI's guidelines by synchronising at 288 kbps instead of 256 kbps.
So sir I would like you to personally look into the matter and make sure that MTNL is not violating TRAI's norms. Even the rival ISPs like Airtel sync their 256 kbps users at much higher rate
So i would recommend that the users of 256 kbps be synchronised at atleast 288 kbps( or higher) so that they can get broadband speed as specified by TRAI
[/FONT]

Name
Phone No
CA No.

So nobody with me??????

[FONT=&quot]users of 256 kbps be synchronised at atleast 288 kbps (or higher)[/FONT]

What does that mean?
Are you talking about the "link speed"?

yes even i feel that we should be synced to 288kbps since when we r synced to 256kbps, we hardly get 220kbps

So guys please if posssible fax the above to GM or if u cannot fax atleast email to GM

I sent him an email, no use. They never open their inbox. Its a waste of time. I'd rather suggest we meet at Kidwai Bhavan, Janpath, and then proceed to the GM's office and talk to him directly, and ask him to get it done.

They do open inbox. Twice i have requested GM to change my plan after the month started. And he forwards the email to concerned deptt. And we had speed issues on 2 mbps earlier and faxing did work. Try to fax AIf u can meet , thats the best thing to do.

good effort by all u guysi all ppl get together then some action can be taken to get high sync

I've emailed GM bout the 256 Sync and 6 hr disconnection and yes they do read the emails. I think we have to find out whos the person who decides plans, rates, speeds and has the power to change them. I really doubt GM has that power, I know he can get speeds changed of anyone but basically it is to do with fixing the connection and not bout changing the policy of MTNL. Further I really doubt hes is technically sound enough to understand what sync is or knows bout 6 hr disconnection. I dont mind joining u guys and meet him. But I really doubt hes the personw e should be meeting.

Thanks for your effort. Usually he wont reply but everything is in their notice and they do read mails.