MTNL Delhi Unlimited Plan speed.

Yeah but from MTNL's point of view doesnt make sense

~142 GB = Rs 749 only (rough estimates)
~ 62 GB = Rs 949 (rough)

Expecting rational behaviour from the irrational is in itself irrational. On the other hand, they might be more rational than we think. I don't know or care what MTNL is offering. But all providers are upto no good.

The ideal plan would be one that offered 256Kbps/ 512Kbps speeds for 16/18 hours a day and 2Mbps/ 4Mbps speeds for the other 6-8 hours. You would get an automatic boost at night time (non-peak) hours. And these would be unlimited use plans and could be offered for INR 999/ INR1799. There is only one reason such plans are not available. Such plans do not offer any option of 'overflow' revenue. Unlimited BB plan users will pay their plan price only and not one rupee more.

The plans with data transfer limits with happy hours at night are designed with only one thing in mind. People might start using the internet before start of happy hours and forget to reset the modem/ login a few minutes into happy hours. During happy hours they would download tonnes of data at 2 Mbps. But the provider can collect money for data transferred even in that period. However the same does not happen when the user continues using past 8AM. Neither happy hours nor the speed is maintained past 8AM. He is charged for the same (Correct me if I am wrong here). Then they can send hefty bills which most people will quietly pay up.

Intelligent and knowing customers will wait five minutes past 2AM, start downloads and end it just before 8AM. And then they can play around with their data transfer limit during the day. The rest will be surprised or confused but will continue using the service.

~142 GB = Rs 749 only (rough estimates) include just 1.25 gig of peak hour usage
~ 62 GB = Rs 949 (rough) include approx 30 gig of peak hr usage

Especially when Mtnl corporate plans are 4 times costlier than bsnl/airtel maintaining the promised speed during peak hrs(corporate use it in these hrs mostly) must be it's utmost priority.

Yeah but i think that the sheer downloadable data difference and that also for 200 rupees less offsets any peak hour advantage for MTNL

cyberwiz.
I appreciate the fact that you showed immense control in not replying in a pointed manner to my previous post. While I was writing it, I was pouring out my discontent with the service being provided by most BB providers and used every word and sentence that I could think of to make the writing acerbic (read some of my BB posts and you will know).

Now that I sit back and read the post, the first and last paragraphs seem to target you (considering our sparring on the 123 issue). Taking this into consideration, I would like to apologise to you for the same. Previously, I advised some one on measuring twice and cutting once. I have not followed the same advice in this case. I hope that we can leave this thing behind us.

I end this post with a quote from Ben Franklin.

Whate'ers begun in anger ends in shame.