MTNL Delhi - Speed Issues

• Thread starter Thread starter Niraj Jha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 4,813
ISP
MTNL
Recently i booked a new broadband connection with MTNL and got the same on 2nd July. I bought a
DSL-2750u Wireless N ADSL2+ 4-Port Wi-Fi Router and got it connected with MTNL line.
I opted for 1 MBPS plan and everything was very smooth, no issues at all. 10 Days back i upgraded it to 4 MBPS Freedom combo (Rs. 1395) and BAM! It's like a nightmare for me now and real pain in my A$$.
I am getting a speed of 120-450 KBPS, yeah!!! you heard it right "KBPS" !!!
I did every possible way to resolve the issue. Called up their customer care like nuts, lodged complaints a million times, called up MTNL Senior Officers Area managers, GM, DEO - "no one has a solution" Today i finally decided to visit MTNL Exchange and for my surprise the BABU sitting over there was clueless.
He said since my number is on ERICSSON Port, probably this is why i have speed issue.

Does anyone has a solution? Let me know please if you need any other info.
BTW i am using 208.67.222.222 / 208.67.220.220 DNS.

I have attached the Speed Test Result from MTNL Site and Statistics on my ADSL Router.

View image: mtnl
View image: status

oh my god! i just logged in to reply to your stupidity... no offense... your plan is 4mbps and you are getting the correct speed of 400 kBps ... in physics and computers..the capital letter K usually denotes a bigger unit. and 1 Byte is 8 bits. stop bothering MTNL babus

@krazzyboy777 have you looked at the image?

mtnl.jpg

status.jpg
Your line is synced to 2 mbps downstream , 512 kbps up, so there is no way you can get 4 mbps .

You should've written 450kbps. Never mind. Get the line sync rate increased to 4mbps, it is currently at 2mbps.