MTNL Delhi New Plans - What about Mumbai?

• Thread starter Thread starter nikeel
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 64
  • Views Views 11,473
all inclusive 512 kbps will cost you Rs 1650 per month or Rs 20000 per year. and 256 kbps will cost you Rs 1000 per month and Rs 12000 per year. Assuming u make around 200 calls per month.
what will be the bill if i don't use mtnl phone for calling :evil:

Rs 865 for 256kbps and Rs 1650 for 512 if u make 0 calls from mtnl

what will be the bill if i don't use mtnl phone for calling :evil:

No mumbai gets 256kbps for 2500Rs. They corrected the word upto 2mbps for the plans, which obviously was wrong. Check tariff page again.
ok,I was no aware of that,THEN mumbai MTNL sucks.Though after no NU plan Delhi MTNL also does.lol

@^Yes, both suckbut then these are still some of the cheapest ,most stable BB connections that we have in these cities.So we are not left with much of a choice are we?

@^
Yes, both suck
but then these are still some of the cheapest ,most stable BB connections that we have in these cities.
So we are not left with much of a choice are we?

exactly , no choice but to stick with mtnl at present 🙁

But I wonder why ?
Why are private broadband service providers reluctant to compete with mtnl especially in mumbai ? 😕

Why are private broadband service providers reluctant to compete with mtnl especially in mumbai ? 😕

[*]TV cable is an unreliable last mile connectivity option, so thats ruled out.
[*]Landlines using copper wires directly into homes is also costly to set up.
[*]third option is wireless:-
[/list]A.
but BMC's wi-fi proposal for the whole City was ruled out as Hackers may use it as we all heard about that American frm navi mumbai & his bomb blast email
B.
Second is wait for 3G to be auctioned and rolled to end users.

I have been been calling 1500 and waiting for someone to talk to for ages but no use. So finally thinking about going to Sanchar Haat tomorrow to get my plan changed. No wi need a little bit of advice before i do that.1. What is the procedure to get a plan changed in Sanchar Haat?(In case nobody is willing to help over there.)2. I'm currently on 590NU and with the reduced rates of 256UL, I'm tempted to migrate. But should i migrate to 256UL or 256UL Combo?3. Currently I'm billed Rs. 590 + Rs. 50(Modem rent) = Rs. 640/month. How would i be billed in my new plan 256UL/256UL Combo?Help would really be appreciated. Thanks.

obviously go for COMBO! IF u call make calls heavily then only go for w/o COMBO and select calling plan as per ur convenience, BTW whts ur mnthly usage of telephone for purposes other than BB?

Thanks for that speedy reply.Well, i use Tata Indidom for all my calls. MTNL landline is just for BB. I have chosen a calling plan whose rent is only Rs.99/month which is basically for people who need incoming calling. I hope you can understand my talk plan and suggest accordingly.

procedure is simple just take an application writing about your desire to migrate. mention ure phone number and ca number in it and get it signed by the person in whose name your phone number is registered. they always compare the signatures atleast in delhi before logging in your plan change request.

always good to go for combo, u get some free calls!!. 256 ul billing will be as follows

99 line rent (i think this is the lowest there is no zero rent line correct me if im wrong)
50 modem wired/ethernet
599 bb charge
10-12% tax

Rs 840. total

I have been been calling 1500 and waiting for someone to talk to for ages but no use. So finally thinking about going to Sanchar Haat tomorrow to get my plan changed. No wi need a little bit of advice before i do that.

1. What is the procedure to get a plan changed in Sanchar Haat?(In case nobody is willing to help over there.)

2. I'm currently on 590NU and with the reduced rates of 256UL, I'm tempted to migrate. But should i migrate to 256UL or 256UL Combo?

3. Currently I'm billed Rs. 590 + Rs. 50(Modem rent) = Rs. 640/month. How would i be billed in my new plan 256UL/256UL Combo?

Help would really be appreciated. Thanks.

So that means i'll first have to go their office, get the application, get it back for my dad's signature and submit it again.....right?Also, how much time do they take to actually change the plan. Suppose if i submit my application Monday morning, will they able to set me up on my new plan from the 1st of Septebmer?Also, thanks for the billing details mentioned above, so if i go for 256UL Combo instead of 256UL, will me billing be the same as you mentioned?

Hey you can write the application at home, there is no fixed format, just the info mentioned above should be included.

Yea billing will be the same in either plan..!

So that means i'll first have to go their office, get the application, get it back for my dad's signature and submit it again.....right?

Also, how much time do they take to actually change the plan. Suppose if i submit my application Monday morning, will they able to set me up on my new plan from the 1st of Septebmer?

Also, thanks for the billing details mentioned above, so if i go for 256UL Combo instead of 256UL, will me billing be the same as you mentioned?

Ohok, now thats good. Will go for 250UL Combo only then, atleast will get 100 free calls. 😀.Thanks a lot of the help man.Appreciate it.

always welcome

Ohok, now thats good. Will go for 250UL Combo only then, atleast will get 100 free calls. 😀.

Thanks a lot of the help man.

Appreciate it.