Airtel
Broadband

QLwsPRA.png

VoV4iPc.png

New plans also being launched.

QpdboWM.png

They upgraded FUP , what about speed ?

I am on freedom 1449 , may downgrade

Lol Just one response. Hardly any user from Mtnl left in Delhi. Most seem to have shifted to excitel BB.
Why don't they learn something from Mumbai counterpart.
FTTH hardly has coverage and adsl speed sucks. Why don't they bring affordable vdsl plans.

In my area , my cable tv guys have their own ISP , i doubt Excitel can come in, even if they offer their services , cable guys will be cutting cables for sure .

Well excitel offers service in agreement with LCO only. Infact cable operator handles last mile wiring.

Yes, LCO is biggest necessity and disadvantage of Excitel.

I myself have a MTNL connection,it is free from my relative's office(Airtel and other phone is also there, but I didn't bother with it as FUP was too low before the revision). It is 2mbps and right now the FUP limit was 'broken' but max we could use was 25GB. It is good for browsing(except image heavy), gives YT at 720p and DM at 480p. Sites like Dictionaries,message boards, manuals load fast. Don't use video as much and it is not good anyway. Don't DL torrents too.

I wish the connection was 4mbps at least so I could get 1080p YT and 720 DM. 2mbps on 50gb+ doesn't make much sense. Maybe they're doing this to benefit competitors?

I have an LCO option too but reluctant to spend money as I'm not using that much streaming or torrents.

Yep plan should be minimum 4mbps pre fup which can easily be attainable even if distance from exchange is 4km+.
But knowing Mtnl even 2mbp tend to un stable.

I have been using mtnl since 2010 , it is more stable than Airtel for me, i have 4 mbps , and about LCO and exitel , thats why is said the cable guys have their own ISP why would they partner with another ISP, they only offer their own service .

It had terrible pings and was poor for browsing when I used it from 2008-2012. When I got this connection, it had some routing issues and speed problems but now it's pretty stable, and downtimes are very few.

I wish the connection was 4mbps at least .... 2mbps on 50gb+ doesn't make much sense. Maybe they're doing this to benefit competitors?

You can say that again. Why the hell do you need FTTH for 2Mbps? Because MTNL's political masters (irrespective of party affiliation) are being paid off by fiber suppliers to 'upgrade' their equipment. They're also being paid off by the Mittals etc. to keep their speeds artificially low. :O

what are you talking about ? they have 20 mbps ftth plan for 1200 rs with 150gb fup , what more do you want ?

well.... at least with TriB-95 Combo...... they can retain their customers who just want to keep their number....

Before surrendering my connection in May'16....... I asked SDO to shift me to Plan160 but he said the plan is closed.....

I've been a pretty long time customer of MTNL (only because no alternative was available) and recently shifted to a cable ISP because MTNL's customer service is just pathetic in my area. The ADSL goes down at night and they didn't fix it despite multiple complaints. Life's good with the cable ISP for now and I get higher speeds which weren't possible for me on MTNL.
Like the other guy said the 95 plan is good as I can keep my no. with that plan and won't have to make a trip to the exchange to get internet DCed. And yes their FTTH is useless as from what I've noticed they aren't expanding it and its available in very few areas.