• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 7,014

apurvgupta1

Regular
ISP
Excitel
Hi,

i am on 599 unlimited plan, my modem is HG520 and ADSL has been unstable, after the adsl is unstable i keep my receiver off the hook and it becomes stable. my line stats are:

Downstream Upstream

SNR Margin

:
34.0 12.0 db

Line Attenuation

:
24.0 15.5 db

Data Rate

:
576 512 kbps

I have sent an email to deadsl@bol.net.in and also registered complaint on http://203.94.244.173:7777/vcare/index.jsp , i received a call from MTNL today and guy asked- Is your phone ok now? I replied it was the internet that needs to be fixed, he said ok and hung up.

What else can i do to resolve my problem?

a lineman will solve this problem easily...call 1504 and register a complaint

No option to talk to a representative on 1504 now, which is weird enough.

a lineman will solve this problem easily...

call 1504 and register a complaint

A lineman will solve this easily? How mate? Because in the past, i have seen that lineman simply ask- Is your phone working ok now? They don't have any idea about what does even ADSL means!!

From what you have written its a clear case of a line problem. I hope you dont have a parallel connection as MTNL is v clear about lines becoming unstable if there is a parallel connection.

nope, i do not have any parallel connection, line is coming straight from mtnl pole to my modem. What could be the problem?

tbh, by looking at your stats, the line seems alright, but what you've described seems to indicate a line problem. The line (that comes from the mtnl pole) , does it have any joints ? Also, is the dp box on the pole in good condition ? How old is the wiring inside your house ?

i keep my receiver off the hook and it becomes stable. my line stats are:

This indicates a line problem even though your stats seem good its when the phone is off the hook. Can you post the stats when the phone is left on the cradle. The first suspect is always the parallel connection if its not that then it could be dirty/oxidised contacts/line connection.

if any guy from mtnl calls u ask him to send a lineman to ur home....he will check the connection from your dp box ,,clean the contacts and will remove black carbon deposits....then u will not face any disconnections

i am having frequent disconnections... how do i check the snr margin and line attenuation ??