MTNL DELHI 1899 2MBps Unlimited Plan

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 13033
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 48
  • Views Views 7,709
D

Deleted member 13033

I am thinking of leaving Fukel ( Airtel ) for good and gonna be shifting to MTNL delhi... as just 3 days into the new billing cycle fuktel sends me message FUP over......Currently how is the MTNL Delhi BB situation.....any disconnection or downtime ?They are asking for Rs 500 new land line connection and RS 600 for Modem and activation. Later Rs 50 PM rentI am thinking of Rs 1899 2MBps plan...

That depends on your location.Check the distance between your place and your nearest mtnl exchange.If you have underground wiring just make sure its health is good.If possible contact your area line man he will be knowing that BB in your locality is good idea or not.If above 3 factors are satisfactory then you wont face any problem.

I am pretty close to the exchange ...Lineman I dnt know how honestly they will tell me if its good or not...and I think wiring is underground as when ever the MTNL land line goes down they keep saying digging is going on....

If the distance is pretty less between you and your exchange then you will get superb snr.by underground cabling i meant if you stay in any apartment who have their own cabling from the main gate.

distance between exchange should be less than 3KM...Not located in any muti story building .. only 2 floors 😛....I dont think anyone has their own cabling done.....plus I think fuktel has very stong monopoly here as their boxes are pretty much screwed on every house out here 😛

Do consult people in your neighbourhood because 3Km with MTNL sometimes gives troubles. and there wont be any issues related to the wiring stuff

ok lets see if i can find any most in the locality r on fuktel nd hathway....as not many dwnloders here..nd lack of mtnl BB awareness I guess...

I got this beetel one from fuktel they told me to pay rs 1000 for it at time of taking a connection and then they said you have purchased this now.....sm 500 was taken refundable deposit too.......lets see if I get to keep it or not...as fuktel keeps changing their policies...Plus one more thing I spoke to MTNL aunty 😛 on 1500 she told me to call on 1504 to check if MTNL techi guy can configure this beetel model tried to call 1504 but kept getting engage tone on it....

^^^ you can configure fuktel's beetel modem, I also have fuktel's beetel modem which is working absolutely fine with MTNL 😉

just placed a DC request frm Fuktel.........it will end of a 7yrs old affair ...thought last yrs were very depressing....

I forgot to ask you guys abt bit torrent how is the speed on it on MTNL any sign of throttling on good torrents...

@suryansh.gupta

fuktel has blocked the modem home page http://192.168.1.1/main.html..so IDK how will I be able to configure it...as if I enter Username: admin and password: A/c no or password both dont work.

Has this modem become useless ?

MTNL does not block/throttle anything.As for the modem, check on the back, there must be a hole saying reset. Just press it using a pin or something. It will reset your modem to its factory state.Then google for "modem model default password". Most modems have different default usernames and p/w's. Some have admin-admin, some have root-admin etc.

I am on this Beetel 400 BXI router..I found a tiny button deep inside it on the back I think that should be it...

For configuring the beetel modem for MTNL just change VCI/VPI to 0,32 from 1,32 and change the dsl user/pass.