MTNL connectivity problem

• Thread starter Thread starter xxx1312
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 15,542

xxx1312

ISP
hathway
Its been a month since I have switched to mtnl and I have some major issues. I can only connect to internet 2-3 times a day and Internet wont stay connected for more than 10-20 minutes.I have a Huawei smartax at880 modem which worked fine with my previous airtel connection.
Mtnl customer support is worst so I have to ask for help here. The problem is that when the "link" light on my modem stays red and never goes green most of the time.
A bit info about my modem:
The ADSL Router is equipped with four LEDson the front panel as described in the table
below:

NameofLED FavaroubleIndication Description
PWR Green The Power LEDlights up when the router ispoweredon
Link Red This LED becomes REDif router got IP address solid Green shows router trained waiting to get IP

ACT Green,blinking Indicates Data transfer
LAN Green/Red Solidly lit when Ethernet connection to PC is OK
USB Green Solidly lit when USB connection to PCis OK

Below are my service stats:

When link light is red:

Max. Bandwidth Down/Up(kbps) 2784 / 176
Bandwidth Down/Up(kbps) 2292 / 176
SNR Margin Down/Up(dB) 6.1 / 6.1
Attenuation Down/Up(dB) 45.9 / 59.3
Power Down/Up(dBm) 11.6 / 11.3
CRC Down/Up 0/ 0
FEC Down/Up 15458/ 0
HEC Down/Up 0/ 0

When link light is green:

Max. Bandwidth Down/Up(kbps) 1564 / 880
Bandwidth Down/Up(kbps) 1291 / 509
SNR Margin Down/Up(dB) 6.1 / 17.9
Attenuation Down/Up(dB) 55.1 / 41.2
Power Down/Up(dBm) 14.0 / 11.3
CRC Down/Up 16/ 0
FEC Down/Up 10/ 0
HEC Down/Up 9/ 0

I am on 450 night plan. Whenever internet connects at night I barely get 512 kbps speed.

Plz help me ! Is there a problem with my modem or line

Line. Your line is very very bad. Very high attenuation and very low SNR. Lodge a complaint stating poor line quality and frequent disconnections.

problem is with line, I think (mtnl basic issue). What you can do:
1. Register complaint for line problem.
2. If still get the problem, get the phone of ur exchange SDO and keep calling him until issue is fixed.
3. If 2nd also fails, call the DGM couple of time.
4. If all above cant solve ur problem, and if u r not in love with mtnl, just kiss goodbye.
Nothing much u can do other thn complain again and again.

x720 said:
Line. Your line is very very bad. Very high attenuation and very low SNR. Lodge a complaint stating poor line quality and frequent disconnections.
These idiots cant fix the line probelm I have already tried. They said things may get better when in a month or so when they will bring a mtnl exchange in our area.

Just change your modulation from ADSL 2+ to G DMT and then see the results because I too was a victim of such a problem 2 months ago( got a new connection activated on 15Jan ) but after changing modulation my connection keeps running 24x7 .

fedegro said:
Just change your modulation from ADSL 2+ to G DMT and then see the results because I too was a victim of such a problem 2 months ago( got a new connection activated on 15Jan ) but after changing modulation my connection keeps running 24x7 .
The good thing is that red light turns to green and net gets connected. But still it get disconnected within few mins but ir reconnects in 2-3 mins. I will just for the mtnl exchange to come up in my area.
Thanks for the great suggestion,

I too am facing the same problem.

Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin : 17.5 8.0 dbLine Attenuation : 58.0 31.5 dbData Rate : 2048 480 kbpsAttainable Rate : 4192 664 kbpsOut Power : 17.0 10.5 dbm

CRC Down/Up(db) : 287/ 9HEC Down/Up(db) : 700/ 3Adsl Status : PPP up
The downstream line attenuation is almost double the upstream. Could this mean the problem is at their end. Also, would I have to pay for any expenses to remedy this.
I tried registering a complaint on 1504 but couldn't get through. I called up the Sector 6 Dwarka exchange and passed on my number, and they said they'll look into it. Is there any email specific i should write to, to lodge the complaint formally.

yup, even my connection has been unstable for the past few days with snr margin and line attenuation varying widely...
line gets disconnected 2-3 times every couple of minutes 🙁
booked a complaint 2 days ago, there has been no follow up yet :/

Hey any updates ?
I am facing similar problems.
Here's my snr and line attenuation chart :-
Pretty screwed up !
Suggestions please !!