• Thread starter Thread starter boygr8
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 1,885

boygr8

Regulars
ISP
MTNL Broadband
I registered for MTNL Triband on 22 DEC 2006, but my connection was activated 9th JAN 2007. Now when I registered , there was a scheme to provide me with 1st month free rental. NOW MTNL started billing me from 22nd JAN 2007, although they activated my account on 9th Jan 2006. Shudnt they provide me 1 month rental free till 9th Feb or in case their billing cycle ends on 31st , then till 31st Jan.Here are my billin details.....they have even charged me for overusage.I am beginning to hate MTNL.Guys what to do?Plan TriB_590_NU Start Date(mm-dd-yyyy) 22-jan-2007 Type of Plan NEWEnd Date Date(mm-dd-yyyy) 31-jan-2007 DETAIL BROADBAND BILLING Min. Charges (Rs.) 190.32 CPE Rental (Rs.) 16.13 Total Usage(MB) 451.04 Free Limit(MB) 330.32 Amount above free limit (MB) 120.72 Rate /(MB) 1 Extra Usage charge (Rs.) 120.72 Other charge (Rs.) 0 Total charge (Rs.) 327.17

What has customer care told you regarding this?

They asked me to email the Billing department.....more than a week .....no replies yet.

Well nothing wrong!! You should have asked about a billing date from them while taking the connection. All BB customers are billed from first of of every month so prorata rental and free data amount seems right to me. Also if you read that scheme clearly it is first month rental free not the usage free.On adjusting the bill well mtnl sucks when dealing with those babus, its better to pay the bill as these people don't give seriousness to a bill complaint with amt below 500. I have dealed with them & learned that let the connection work (under all the glitches of babus) until & uptil airtel arrives and then Fuuck them off & there 2mbps!!!

But if they had taken 2 months to activate the connection, then, am I liable to pay 2 months of rental?They activated my connection on 9th Jan,19 days after I registered it on 22 DEC......bcoz they had no DSLAM ports and they were installing the additional DSLAM ports.So its their prom , not mine.They shud not accept registrations if they cant install on time.....Its the best way to earn.......register and then provide connection after 6 months and then charge for that 6 month period.My point is that under their scheme they had promised to provide 1 month rental free service.....how come 1 month is of 14 day duration.Imagine I had got my connection activated after 22 Jan, then I wud not have been entitled to 1st month rental free service .....simply bcoz MTNL took 1 month to upgrade its DSLAM capacity

try going to the accounts officer. if some intelligent guy(hardly) then wud rectify the prob. or atleast clear your doubts!

The best thing for you is to get in touch with the billing / accounts people over phone or in person. There is not much point in e-mail, unless you want to take them to court, in which case e-mails would be better evidence. And for a few hundred rupees there's no point of even thinking of court.

Talked to billing section....earlier they had told me to Email the billing deptt.. Today called up the GM office......they asked me to call DGM office.DGM office asked me to send email to DGM and call up the billing dept again. Finally managed to explain the whole thing to billing deptt. They were accepting their fault and said that my bill wud be rectified once they confirm everything.Although its a matter of a few hundred rupees only.....but its disgusting.Lets see what happens....