MTNL browsing issue

Everybody understands English in Delhi. The people working at MTNL are educated and college degree holders.

Everybody understands English in Delhi. The people working at MTNL are educated and college degree holders.
Thank you, with respect almost every MTNL wallah who I speak to on the phone doesn't have English. It may be different at the exchange

I have been experiencing slow browsing and often pages will not load at all or stall. I experience the same problem across several different machines and even my iPhone when its connected to the MTNL wi-fi.

As soon as I hot-spot the computers off the iPhone via the Airtel 3G connection the troublesome web pages will load happily. For a long time I suspected the MTNL supplied router, but I've got them to change it twice so cannot believe its the router anymore - its the Binatone DM 856W model. The other day I called MTNL and complained and actually got quite a good guy who talked me through changing the DNS servers, for a while this seemed to help but actually it was just a blip and I am once again having the same issues of some pages just refusing to load, others load fine.

Any suggestions of the next step I can take to rectify the problem, - can it be the quality of connection itself? I manage to download torrents without an issue, its just web browsing that is the problem and its driving me nuts.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Hi , I have been facing a similar issue since past 5 months. I am from Bombay and it mostly happens to me when I am trying to make a online payment. Also for many wesites the page will not open , then after some 5 min if I try it will open , however when I use a proxy like Hot spot sheild it will all work fine.

Hi , I have been facing a similar issue since past 5 months. I am from Bombay and it mostly happens to me when I am trying to make a online payment. Also for many wesites the page will not open , then after some 5 min if I try it will open , however when I use a proxy like Hot spot sheild it will all work fine.
I went to the exchange also but they r all a bunch of donkeys , who dont know anything. If you restart the router , it works, but how many times r you going to do the same.

If internet starts to work after restarting the router, then ask MTNL for changing the router. The MTNL modems/routers are old or refurbished and give reduced performance.

Good news, I went to MTNL offices again today in Delhi near JN Stadium and spoke with Satish Thandon the GM to explain the problem. Later they made a change 'of server port' I think, at the exchange and now all pages are loading fine. I will monitor and see how it goes. I should have done this months ago but was suspecting Safari on my Mac and the router for a long time before I realised it was from their end. Moral of the story: go to the top and keep going until problem fixed! 🙂

Thank god i got rid of my mtnl delhi connection few months ago. No need to visit the uneducated people at mtnl exchange and argue banging your head at wall.