MTNL Broadband: UT-304R2 - Port Forwarding ?

• Thread starter Thread starter tutsipoppy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 7,723

tutsipoppy

ISP
MTNL - 256UL Combo
Hi, i got my MTNL 590NU plan today.I wanted to start downloading from utorrent but i guess i show do port forwarding before if i want good download speed.I searched the net and this forum but wasnt able to find any help regarding port forwarding for UT-304R2.If anybody can help as to how to forward ports for my router and also what settings to put for utorrent....that will be great.Thanks.

Switch to bridging mode.Its better and faster and needs no port fwding on the router
I use it on my utstar 300r2u with utorrent and get steady 1.8mbps speeds

Here is a great step by step guide from the sticky
https://broadband.forum/mtnl-triband-broadband/4251-utstarcom-bridge-mode-configuration-automatic-router-reboot/#post45374
And another sticky for port fwding
https://broadband.forum/mtnl-triband-broadband/1523-torrents/

thnx a lot man.btw, i think there is some problem with MTNL, even after connecting, often there is no internet at all.

I see this happen usually in the afternoons and early evenings.But I dont care as long as I get the steady 1.8mbps between 0000 and 0800

This is a rip off.We agreed with MTNL to for 1Gb in the day and unlimited in the night.When did we agree for internet ONLY at night?

Welcome to life in India My friend.but trust me,with the rates we pay and the speed we get......most private ISP's may not be able to support us at these speeds and DL limits(for long)Its only coz this is a sarkari company and its the only BB provider servicing my area that i put up with it

We in delhi have very good BB providers.No problem with download limit.I just though of giving MTNL a try coz its slightly cheaper. Thats all.If MTNL gives me the same kindda problem for a long time....i'll shift to sumthing else.

Well if I had a choice I'd shift too.....But I dont ,so It will have to be MTNL for me for quiet some timeBut in the end with people complaining about Airtel,Sify and Tata BB on the other forums here.......we all are in the same boat

From Dial Up to 2mbps Unlimited(Ok its just Unlimited during NU)Its still come a long way in the last 2 years............and hopefully we will have a better tomorrow in the next few monthsSabar kar baccha................Aur kya kar sakta hai?

The problem is that we pay full....but get half.They are more than happy to charge us......but what exactly are we getting in return....low speeds?....frequent disconnection?....servers down?If we pay Rs. 590 for our plan.....the services we are actually getting for worth Rs. 300-350 if not less.

we all agree to that fact.....thats why we join Forums like this to see how much more we can get.If u dont fight it,u can never win !! 🙂

I think we guys should do sumthing collectively.....I mean....they may and will ignore individual persons.....but i bet they wont and cannot ignore a large group.....I not saying we should fight and trash their office....For for e.g., ppl who get their connection from the same exchange should gather, and go together to file their collective report.Thats the beauty of democracy, those ppl are answerable to us.