MTNL Broadband Unlimited Plans with 2 Mbps speed on Sundays and Night

• Thread starter Thread starter shatrughan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 115
  • Views Views 32,059
Plan change took 1 day
hi sanke1,
who did u exactly call to change the plan to the new dsl unlimited plans?
coz i dont think 1500 is gonna help
im on the dsl 849nu and have my own adsl gateway.
also, can i request them to change the plan exactly on 1st june?

Now I need your contact at mtnl, 120ms pings and my plans yet to be changed

I called 1500 for plan change. Probably the chaps at Prabhadevi are little efficient when it comes to plan change and stuff.My 15ms pings lasted for about a week and now I am back on 30-40ms pings. I recon MTNL was testing some new server and they put me on it accidentally.

I called 1500 for plan change. Probably the chaps at Prabhadevi are little efficient when it comes to plan change and stuff.

My 15ms pings lasted for about a week and now I am back on 30-40ms pings. I recon MTNL was testing some new server and they put me on it accidentally.
k ill call 1500 too. but can i request them to start my new plan from 1st june or will those mtnl babus ignore my request and just start the plan before the end of the month itself?
or shud i take the risk of mtnl starting the plan in one day itself and call on 31st may for plan change?

They change plan on next working day. They are very efficient in this. So apply on 31st.But speed change there is no guarantee when it will happen!!

LOL looks like u forgot that this is 2011 going on! I am on that plan from many months now.

LOL looks like u forgot that this is 2011 going on! I am on that plan from many months now.

Oops am still in 2010 mode... 2011 just doesn't seem right somehow... Lawl.

Switched to the UL 555 plan... fairly decent speeds on torrents.

Only concern is pings are high... Youtube videos loading painfully slow. Any way to improve that?

I also switched over to Unlimited 888 plan and works awesome. I started a download at 9:55, when the speed was about 55 KB/sec, and was just keenly observing client. At 10:03, the speed rose to 202 KB/sec on its own, no restart, no hitch. Good start for this plan, hope it remains like this.

I also switched over to Unlimited 888 plan and works awesome. I started a download at 9:55, when the speed was about 55 KB/sec, and was just keenly observing client. At 10:03, the speed rose to 202 KB/sec on its own, no restart, no hitch. Good start for this plan, hope it remains like this.

The reason behind "no restart" is because they have installed some auto-restarter at their end, which automatically disconnects and reconnects you......

i switched from my dsl 849nu plan to dsl unlimited plan 888 on 31st may.
the plan was gr8 and very stable.
especially the ping.
in the 1st week the ping was below 90ms (via speedtest.net).
now after a week when i redo the test, the ping is around 180ms.
i did it twice and got that as an average.
the following is the latest test:
https://www.speedtest.net

why has the ping literally doubled in just one week and has this happened to anyone else?
i remember sanke1 also complaining about something like this.
also, will the ping time continue to increase?
i think if the ping rate is higher, the more unstable the connection gets
or i think atleast u wont get the constant speeds that the connection can peak in the day time ie. 512kbps
any ideas?