• Thread starter Thread starter shatrughan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 115
  • Views Views 32,080

shatrughan

Regular
ISP
MTNL
MTNL today announced launch of its new Broadband Unlimited plans in Mumbai circle for a promotional period of three months. The newly introduced plans will allow unlimited broadband usage without any fair usage cap. The main attraction of these plans would be the upgraded speed during night time and on Sundays. The added feature of providing more speed during night and on Sunday make these plans more attractive. Night period starts from 22 Hrs to morning 8 hrs. Plans start from555 p.m. and monthly CPE (Modem) charges of50 is also waived off for these plans. Unlimited 888 and Unlimited 1333 will offer 512 Kbps and 1 Mbps speed during day time respectively. However, customers of these plans will enjoy 2 Mbps speed during night and on Sundays. These plans are effective from 15th May’11.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/804/unled2r.jpg/

Introduction

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/804/unled2r.jpg/

Uploaded with http://imageshack.us

OMG Now we have to be awake at night, I'm already feelin sleepy, neend haram kardi mtnl waalon ne.:yawn::sleepy:

Reactions for the time based plans.-

[*]Comparatively the DSL 666 plan is having 3.2 times more bandwidth from 8-10 timings and having 6.4 times the original bandwidth on Sundays
[*]Comparatively the DSL 888 plan is having 4 times more bandwidth from 8-10 timings and having again 4 times the original bandwidth on Sundays
[*]Comparatively the DSL 1333 plan is having 1 times more bandwidth from 8-10 timings and having again 1 times {ie 2Mbps} the bandwidth on Sundays
[*]Still no FUP :ishock:
[*]Numerically DSL 666 is best VFM
[*]Heavy downloaders will love DSL1333 plan they should have given 4Mbps on Sundays on this plan and this would have been a killer plan !!
[/list]
These are just some notions !:cool4:

Regards

Piss poor showPaying MTNL 999 is more than enough. Wake me up when 4mbps UL becomes available at similar pricing.

Not what I was hoping for but definitely a move in the right direction.DSL_1333 is what I will be changing to.Ideally, I would be willing to pay up to Rs. 2500 for anything over 2mb/s from MTNL.

Nice to see changes in "MTNL"......but why the F@!K MTNL is messing up my current speed. I am getting low speed from yesterday. Same happened with me for weeks due to that "April Funday".Why they test us like guinea pigs without any prior notice. I am on DSL_Unlimited_749 plan.......I don't find any of the four new plans interesting for me. It would have been nice if it was implemented in previous plans.

DSL 666 and DSL 888 are really good plans ! Once again no plans for Delhi ! 🙁Why the hell MTNL Delhi does not update the wxisting plans or create some new ones !I have been on 512 kbps since Febuary 2010 🙁

delhi has good 3g plans. in mumbai still 1mbps @999 is the best.

i don't get the logic behind these plans. i mean instead of making things cheaper they are actually demanding 333/- more for the 1mbps plan to download at double speed at night ?? lolz . lets be honest here. most of us are gonna use it to download movies n stuff.(we ain't exactly saints here) .woudn't it be cheaper to pay for a membership of some online dvd rental ?? i m sure it wud cost less than 333 !!!!apart from that considering the disaster that happened when we all got 2mbps free i wud be very very sceptical about what speeds we would get at night. who is gonna stay awake just to make sure the 2mbps doesn't become 0.2 in the middle of the night ??? haha ..atleast that was happening to most of us during the 'funday' period !

Wikedmonk, I agree complete but the concept here is charging extra for extra speeds. Again while we all complained crappy speeds during the "Fundays" in April this was because all of us were subscribed to it.That is the whole Mumbai circle MTNL ADSL subscribers no wonder it failed miserably. Here in these plans it ultimately will represent only a per-portion of the subscribers which have leeched onto these plans.Though I say say this keeping in mind that rest of us would actually suffer since these leechers/subscribers would be hogging the bandwidth increasing the contention ratios for all of us.Regards

So I called MTNL and the CSR had no Idea about these plans. Typical

F*** off MTNL. You will not get a single paisa from me for these regressive plans. This is not the step forward. This is a step sideways.2 Mbps @ 999 with FUP 200GB is all I am asking for. Not a huge demand by any means.I also will not mind paying 1999 for 5 Mbps. So my wait for Hayai continues.

Amazing, ISPs never get tired of using the phrase "upto speeds".
Lets be honest here, they have that 80% rule.I am on a 1Mbps@999 plan & i get 800kbps.
What they could rather should have done was give 2mbps at night on the same plan.
Again there's more to it, lately MTNL speeds have been fluctuating rather going down, which I why the choice becomes more difficult.

Unless u r an owl & like to spend your nights perched on the tree branch outside your house with your laptop in hand, I don't find use for it.
Hell, it could lead to MTNL hangover.Excerpts of a fictional conversation between 2 friends:
A:- Hey bro, u look like your eyes r going to pop out.
B:- Its that bad, huh.Ever since MTNL 2Mbps night plans have started I am suffering from MTNL hangover.Damn u, MTNL.

On second thought, Dracula would have loved these plans.:desire: