MTNL Broadband Unlimited Plans with 2 Mbps speed on Sundays and Night

• Thread starter Thread starter shatrughan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 115
  • Views Views 32,072
Given the bad experience most (if not all) of us had with Fundays, I'm tempted to wait a few weeks and see how it works out. But I think I'll make the jump to this plan from 1Mbps unlimited.

DSL 666 Plan really looks good, The Default speed would have been more than 320 atleast but neverthless, they r giving 1mbps(from 10-8) and 2mbps on sundays 🙂 provided, the connection remains stable. Their bandwidth is really going to be sucked out like any thing now.

Piss poor show
Paying MTNL 999 is more than enough. Wake me up when 4mbps UL becomes available at similar pricing.

Agree 100% Not impressed by this BS 🙁

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

i don't get the logic behind these plans. i mean instead of making things cheaper they are actually demanding 333/- more for the 1mbps plan to download at double speed at night ?? lolz . lets be honest here. most of us are gonna use it to download movies n stuff.(we ain't exactly saints here) .woudn't it be cheaper to pay for a membership of some online dvd rental ?? i m sure it wud cost less than 333 !!!!
apart from that considering the disaster that happened when we all got 2mbps free i wud be very very sceptical about what speeds we would get at night. who is gonna stay awake just to make sure the 2mbps doesn't become 0.2 in the middle of the night ??? haha ..atleast that was happening to most of us during the 'funday' period !

Not only have they started talking like the pvt operators but now have started milking the customers too. After the FU's during the Funday crap (my speeds have still not been restored properly, it fluctuates drastically all day long) , it's going to get only worse. :anger3:😱

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

Wikedmonk,

I agree complete but the concept here is charging extra for extra speeds. Again while we all complained crappy speeds during the "Fundays" in April this was because all of us were subscribed to it.That is the whole Mumbai circle MTNL ADSL subscribers no wonder it failed miserably. Here in these plans it ultimately will represent only a per-portion of the subscribers which have leeched onto these plans.

Though I say say this keeping in mind that rest of us would actually suffer since these leechers/subscribers would be hogging the bandwidth increasing the contention ratios for all of us.

Regards

Looks like the rest of us 🙂 will have to kiss MTNL goodbye at least on sundays if this catches on. 😱

so called 1504 again, finally they acknowledged that the 1333 plan exists, told me to call 1500 to change it.

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

on the phone with 1500

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

very incompetent csr, took 3 mins to figure out the plan exists, now says that booking won't open till tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

why am I not surprised?

nice plan for newbie and those love to surf in night or download heavily 🙂

Add the phone rental and add service tax also. I guess the lowest phone rental is 150 incoming free its called Economy 150. Though other members can clarify on this regard.Regards

Called the customercare yesterday and today, they didnt have any clue about the plans. They only kept saying one thing all time "Humare Computer mein dikana chahiye, Nahi dika raha hai". I asked them how much time will it take? "Jab dikaayega, tab ho jaayega". Seriously, They should give an online way of changing plans for us.

MTNL Mumbai, Self Care Portal

This URL doesn't have updated plans.

Forget abt new plans their Selfcare portal doesnt even have old plans!! Just very few are there and most of them are not even listed on their tariff page!!

Forget abt new plans their Selfcare portal doesnt even have old plans!! Just very few are there and most of them are not even listed on their tariff page!!

Yup, this is how babus function. "Professionalism approach" is never their cup of tea. Hope some one influences them and motivates them as our Cricket team was motivated during the Worldcup 😀. May be they should be provided with some, discounts or free of charge "PANS" at their desk to make them work 😛

Yup, this is how babus function. "Professionalism approach" is never their cup of tea. Hope some one influences them and motivates them as our Cricket team was motivated during the Worldcup 😀. May be they should be provided with some, discounts or free of charge "PANS" at their desk to make them work 😛

Since you are comparing them with cricketers then they (babus) will also ask for pay & perks like the cricketers :tongue2: And if the perks include appearing in ads I shudder to put on the tv again :rofl::blink3::anger3: And if you thought that was bad see this https://broadband.forum/mtnl-broadband/69053-mtnl-bsnl-told-synergise-ops/

I wonder what more is in store for us suckers oops customers.

Add the phone rental and add service tax also. I guess the lowest phone rental is 150 incoming free its called Economy 150. Though other members can clarify on this regard.

Regards

so basically its 800 rs, wat a stupid plan

Since you are comparing them with cricketers then they (babus) will also ask for pay & perks like the cricketers :tongue2: And if the perks include appearing in ads I shudder to put on the tv again :rofl::blink3::anger3: And if you thought that was bad see this https://broadband.forum/mtnl-broadband/69053-mtnl-bsnl-told-synergise-ops/

I wonder what more is in store for us suckers oops customers.

Yup, then "PAN PARAG", "MANIKCHAND" would become the official partners of MTNL and imagine how they would look like when they appear in ADS?