• Thread starter Thread starter zeo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2,033

zeo

Trance junkie
ISP
MTNL DSL NU 849
Its been over 2 weeks since I got my MTNL TriBand connection but from the very first day I'm unable to connect to the internet between 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM on any day. I'm able to do so before or after that period. I checked my modem statistics (D-Link DSL 502T) during that period and found out the following:

Code:
ADSL Firmware Version:     4.03.03.00 - 3.02.00.03 - 3.01.02.00 Annex A - 01.07.02 - 0.49ADSL Software Version:     V0.00B03T01.DI.20041206Line State     Connecting...Modulation     T1.413Annex Mode     ANNEX_AMax Tx Power     -38 dBm/HzItem                        Downstream        Upstream              UnitSNR Margin                  0                 31                    dbLine Attenuation            0                 31                    dbData Rate                   0                 0                     kbps
I changed the Modulation from G.dmt to T1.413 as the ADSL light doesn't even used to blink during that period when G.dmt was selected.

After a connection was established, here's the statistics:

Code:
ADSL Firmware Version:     4.03.03.00 - 3.02.00.03 - 3.01.02.00 Annex A - 01.07.02 - 0.49ADSL Software Version:     V0.00B03T01.DI.20041206Line State     ConnectedModulation     T1.413Annex Mode     ANNEX_AMax Tx Power     -38 dBm/HzItem                        Downstream        Upstream              UnitSNR Margin                  17                31                    dbLine Attenuation            26                14                    dbData Rate                   2048              256                   kbps
I think whenever the "Line Attenuation" goes beyond 30 db it can't connect (I may be wrong). I checked the internal wiring inside my house right from the splitter to the modem and found nothing amiss. I even tried keeping my modem next to the splitter and checking but it just couldn't connect to the internet.

Till now I haven't lodged a complaint regarding this in the MTNL's office as I want a professional and experienced answer from you people instead of a lame one from them.

Is it because of the fact the number of users increase in that period so more congestion take place?

try multi-mode connection instead of T1. also, try connecting by using the line directly instead of using the splitter!

Thanks Lokesh for replying. If I select "multi mode" as the modulation, the ADSL light still blinks and if I select "T1.413" as the modulation even then the ADSL light blinks but the pause time between two sets of blinking decreases.

I tried connecting the router directly to the main line (not using a splitter) but still it could not establish a connection.

Is it a line problem with MTNL or something else?

quite strange..anways call the lineman and get the line checked.By d way does your telephone work between 6 to 11pm?😕

Ya my phone does work between 6-11 PM, Motorazor143 😀. Otherwise I would have been in deep trouble by now.

Should I call up at their customer care number or my exchange? I mean how will I quickly convince them that its a problem with their line and not my PC or modem?

try calling the CC!or email the guys@

or dial 198 and register a complain there..that is what i do when i got some problems wid my line.