• Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 2,531

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Ailing state-owned telecom company MTNL plans to launch high speed Wi-Fi services in Mumbai and Delhi, which will provide Internet services to customers at different location, apart from their homes.MTNL will be tying up with malls, coffee chains and food courts to provide this unlimited Wi-Fi service to its customers."We are planning to provide our customers Wi-Fi services at indoor locations such airports, cafes, food courts, apart from their homes. We will be offering 8 Mbps speed", MTNL Executive Director Peeyush Agarwal told reporters here over the weekend.On the tariff side, he said a customer will have to use a line-bonding modem to avail of this service, adding that customers already using the MTNL Wi-Fi services on mobile devices will be charged an additional Rs 50-100 apart from their existing monthly rental.
MTNL customers to get Wi-Fi services at non-home spots - The Economic Times

😛issed-off: :Boy Yawn: :Boy Yawn:
After many decades of use, I say (It’s with great sadness :shock: & regret) that this company is just a dead beat company. Why?1) They got the 4G at least 2 years before the competition. What did they do? Nothing infact they recently returned the license in liu of their money.2) There was talk of using WiMax in Mumbai especially since they have exchanges in many locations they did not have the additional headache of finding real estate which is a big problem. What happened nothing (Of course).3) They the advantage of their exchanges in Mumbai/Thane/Navi Mumbai being interconnected by FOC. Did they leverage this? Of course not. They still have not aggressively pushed FTTH yet they still give BS like we give only ‘big customers’ (read willing to pay around 1.25 – 2 lakhs, told to me by SDE in my area).4) With FTTH they could have also given IPTv but no initially they did give this facility thru pvt players & the result was awful one reason was it was thru the existing copper wire. If they do it themselves they can leverage their network, if they had pushed FTTH but again no.5) Now they are going to offer 8MBps via WiFi in certain areas, :smartass: why not do that all over the city that way they can bypass their own crappy copper wire network. Yes this is still possible even now.I feel that again they will give the advantage to a pvt player in Mumbai. :smiley-ashamed004:

Tbh, 4G on 2300MHz with no proper device ecosystem would have failed, perhaps, miserably with mtnl handling. I mean, look at the failure airtel 4g has been.

Maybe in the short term but with their pricing they could have turned it around. What eco system was there for MTNL Triband in 2005? Most internet users then didnt even know what ADSL stood for :rofl: Ofcourse if Triband is a succes then MTNL mobile services are a flop inspite of pricing. 😀 . So it's difficult to say. But given their track record of missed chances, I feel totally let down. 🙁