• Thread starter Thread starter krish_88
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 9,518

krish_88

Regulars
ISP
Airtel XStream Fiber
Are you a MTNL Broadband customer in Mumbai city and using any of MTNL Unlimited or Combo broadband plan ? Now be ready to pay Rs 50 more for monthly modem charges. MTNL has today announced that from 1st July 2011 all Combo and Broadband customers will have to pay monthly broadband modem rental of Rs 50. Currently, customers in these plans are enjoying the modem rental waiver. However, thanks to TRAI regulation, this will not be effective for customers who have subscribed MTNL Broadband with these plans in last six months. Such customers will be charged after they complete six months. In order to compensate the move, MTNL has decided to offer more speed in unlimited plans during night time which will start from 10 p.m. to 8 a.m. Also for Broadband Combo plan customers, MTNL has offered additional monthly 25 calls absolutely free.

Source :http://********.in/2011/07/mtnl-slaps-broadband-modem-charges-on-all-combo-unlimited-plan/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+********s+%28********%C2%BB+%29

I wud rather prefer the free modem than 25 free calls !! lol.

2day on 3rd of July 2011 when I checked the mtnl triband web site in the morning...
Introduction
I am surprised to see that MTNL will charge Rs. 50 for monthly CPE on Unlimited and Combo Plans
I am more surprised to see that mtnl will also charge on customer owned cpe (either this one they have wrongly quoted or some conclusion)

The whole thing is that...
1> mtnl 1st attracted the customer by not charging for montly CPE
2> now mtnl have multiple customers so they are sucking our blood... (Rs. 50 is mean to me)

I am against the mtnl for charging monthly CPE

Please support me..... by suggestion/comments....

They can't charge for customer owned CPE..can't justify it either.Its probably only for those who don't own one

wtf are u crying about... They are gonna charge Rs 50 every month as cpe charges coz TRAI or DOT told them to... To compensate for these extra charges they have given u a 20-30% speed bump at night... I think the speed bump more than covers the Rs 50 charge... PS no cpe rental for unlimited plans was always advertised as a limited time offer... Some ppl will just complain no matter what...

This Rs 50 monthly modem charge is only for those customers who are using MTNL CPE (Modem). The speed increase in Night is really appreciated, and please don't forget that MTNL is the only ISP who provides unlimited plans without any fair usage capping. @rajdeep - i don't think MTNL's this move of charging monthly modem rental from combo and unlimited plans customers is bcoz of TRAI or DoT. It may be MTNL's own decision. The main reason could be increasing subscriber base of these plans (just guessing).

They have written waived off till 15 November 2011.. So they are informing you well in advance about the change.Its not like other ISPs that they are coming up with change all of sudden and at their will.

The monthly modem charges Rs 50 for MTNL CPE (Modem) effective from 1st July'2011.

----------

check the beta site....

The monthly modem charges Rs 50 for MTNL CPE (Modem) effective from 1st July'2011.

----------

check the beta site....

Beta site wud not be considered valid till its officially declared.