MTNL broadband slow speeds in Nerul, Navi Mumbai

• Thread starter Thread starter jamie
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 6,416
Server Maintenance
Essentially, this means that the administrator must review the server's performance as well as potential security risks and backup protocols at regular intervals.

Any a times this https://broadband.forum/mtnl-broadband/48167-mtnl-broadband-service-alerts-company/ thread Socrates updates it regularly

Regards

Unfortunately now a days they send the emails 1 or 2 hrs before the actual event (some times even after 🙁 ) & this makes it totally useless. In the past they would send it at least 24 hrs in advance.

MTNL speeds down again on Saturday afternoon.Speedtest shows upload speed of 0.45Mbps & download speed of 0.080Mbps(80kbps):excruciating:Thats really bad considering that I am on 1Mbps plan.What is weird is that upload speeds are not affected!!!Update:-Now speedtest shows 0.40Mbps up & 0.067Mbps down(67kbps).:Shoot:Just noticed another anomaly--->Cannot login to modem using default username & password.It appears I have been locked out of MTNL modem.:fear2:

Dear Jamie,How can MTNL change your modem password, ADSL + doesn't allow the ISP to remote access any of their clients/subscribers machines, unless you are connected to internet and you have given the engineer access to the settings through your OS.Try resetting and rebooting the modem through the switch and the hole for hard reset.Regards

Dear Jamie,

How can MTNL change your modem password, ADSL + doesn't allow the ISP to remote access any of their clients/subscribers machines, unless you are connected to internet and you have given the engineer access to the settings through your OS.
Try resetting and rebooting the modem through the switch and the hole for hard reset.

Regards
I have already hard reset the modem & yes I was able to login after that.But the miserable speeds problem still remained.I just did not post about it coz I am really getting tired of this.Regarding remote access, most modems & routers can be configured for just that thru their configuration pages don't think access thru OS required configuring the modem should do the trick.But since these modems r bought by MTNL from companies in wholesale who knows they could possibly be tweaked for MTNL by the suppliers themselves.Maybe yes maybe not, who knows.
Can u please explain how a modem stops accepting the default user & password just like that?
And yes this is the 2nd time this has happened.
Earlier I had changed the default user & pass for the modem login.And then when pass was rejected I hard reset the modem.
After that incident I decided not to change the modem user & pass & keep it at default.
This time around the default user & pass is rejected which after a hard reset is ironically accepted.

Just noticed another anomaly--->Cannot login to modem using default username & password.
It appears I have been locked out of MTNL modem.:fear2:
I am experiencing this for several weeks. The default password "admin" doesn't let me in 😛
I called 1504....they said to place complaint at 198.
Now tell me...is it safe to Reset Modem???? Will it need some setting inputs after reset. As when first time MTNL broadband was installed on my PC, the line man had put some inputs.
And also from the beginning I was unable to login to my register.mtnl,net account. Tried both using @a and without it.

I am experiencing this for several weeks. The default password "admin" doesn't let me in 😛
I called 1504....they said to place complaint at 198.
Now tell me...is it safe to Reset Modem???? Will it need some setting inputs after reset. As when first time MTNL broadband was installed on my PC, the line man had put some inputs.
And also from the beginning I was unable to login to my register.mtnl,net account. Tried both using @a and without it.
Yes, it is safe to reset the modem provided u know the original settings which were first entered.
U can take a backup of modem config. & restore it after hard reset or u could manually enter the settings again.
U have to go to interface setup section & make sure virtual circuit is PVC0,VPI 0,VCI 32,set encapsulation to PPPoA/PPPoE.
U must also enter your correct username & password(your CA no.) otherwise u will not be able to go online even if u are able to access the modem page.
If all the above & more, is difficult for u then try the backup method.Just dont blame me if u accidentally mess it up.
Also u will have to set DSL mode to ADSL2+.Hope this gives u a rough idea.
Or just got to the exchange & tell them to reset it.

U have to go to interface setup section & make sure virtual circuit is PVC0,VPI 0,VCI 32,set encapsulation to PPPoA/PPPoE.
U must also enter your correct username & password(your CA no.) otherwise u will not be able to go online even if u are able to access the modem page.

Thanks for the info. Though this time I may call MTNL and get the work done....but at least in future I can do this without fear 🙂
Once I see through the process it will be ok for me to try next time if needed.
Thanks 🙂

Registered complaint on 198 on Saturday & MTNL babus have not solved it till Monday afternoon.Maybe uski subha nahi hui hay ab tak.MTNL is making it a habit of ruining my weekends & when questioned they give the lame reply that everybody uses it on weekends.:at-wits-end: