MTNL Broadband: regarding changing mtnl plans

• Thread starter Thread starter james77
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 5,543

james77

ISP
mtnl
Hi , I wanted to know if it is possible to change ur MTNL plans just by calling the CC or u have to go to the exchange to do that ? Also how long does it take to change ur plan ? At present I am using 200p plan and want to change to 849NU for a couple of months 🙂 and then shift to the new 249 plan later 😗 Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

call them, n know yourself - so simple....once changed, plan will come in effect from next monthly cycle...

as per posts of a few members on the forum..they are now changing the plans on phone..there is no need to go to exchange/sanchar haat to give application..this is for Delhi

Hey james77, u need not go to the exchange fr changing ur plan u can just call up the CC and tell them to do so...but before the next month cycle begins but do not expect it to change instantly...:🙂it took 1 week fr my plan to change frm 590 nu to 849 nu and still another 4 days to get synced to 2mbps after calling the CC almost twice a day...

in delhi we can change our plan to 749NU by calling the CC.it is for now only because this plan is a new one.after sometime we will have to book it from exchange only.

I believe in Mumbai its the other way around.When the plan is New,NO one at the CC knows about it and its not even updated on the CC computers as a drop down choice.U cant afford not to go to the exchange,its a necessity in most early cases.Later after a few days, when the Cc guys know such a plan actually exists then Its possible to get it done via 1500/1504

In my case, I went to the exchange (after banging my head with the CC for almost 2 weeks) and the female sitting in the counter says that "aisa plan change nahi ho sakta!" I was shocked to hear this... and then I told her that MTNL is advertising for this plan change and then 2 days after my visit to my exchange, the scheme got activated.

Can anyone help me with this? I applied for plan change over the ph 15 days back. As of 1 Oct 08, MTNL claims that the plan has been changed. Earlier I was using 256 KBPS unlimited, got it changed to 512KBPS unlimited. However, the download speed evidently is still the same. Not even a single KBPS of increase. How do I get the dumb nuts in MTNL to understand that. Did anyone else have a similar problem earlier?

they might have done paper work and changed ur plan.Ur billing is changed but not downstream speed. Log on to 192.168.1.1Username- adminpassword- admin.Search for adsl status and look for Downstream speed;In ur case as u applied for 512UL plan, Downstream speed should be 512 kbps;If not then get it rectified by visiting sanchaar haat.

Can anyone help me with this? I applied for plan change over the ph 15 days back. As of 1 Oct 08, MTNL claims that the plan has been changed. Earlier I was using 256 KBPS unlimited, got it changed to 512KBPS unlimited. However, the download speed evidently is still the same. Not even a single KBPS of increase. How do I get the dumb nuts in MTNL to understand that. Did anyone else have a similar problem earlier?
I had exactly the same problem a month back , my plan was changed from 256 kbps to 512 kbps from 1 september but the speed wasnt updated

Just mail bbspeed@bol.net.in and theyll do it , this is what i sent
Code:
My Phone No. is XXXXXX and my CA No. is XXXXXX . I had registered a request to change my plan from 256kbps  Combo UL to 512 kbps UL combo which i was informed would be done by 1st September . Now yesterday when i logged onto MTNL Self Care it showed my plan as TriB_Combo_Unlimited_512Kbps but my router uis still synced at 256 kbps and thats the speed i am getting . Please look into the matter as soon as possible
they upgraded it within 4 hours

Chinmay, thanks for the reply. I have a MT882 modem. Under Modem status this is what I seeUs Rate (Kbps) 248Ds Rate (Kbps) 2043US Margin -6DS Margin 29Trained Modulation ADSL_2plus_AnxMLOS Errors 0DS Line Attenuation 27US Line Attenuation 11Peak Cell Rate 584 cells per secCRC Rx Fast 0CRC Tx Fast 2CRC Rx Interleaved 0CRC Tx Interleaved 0Path Mode Interleaved Am I looking at the right details. Also is my Download Stream 2 mbps ???? With the previous 256 KBPS connection I used to enjoy download speeds upto 210 KBPS.Manu, I've tried send emails to this address a couple of times. But it always bounces back??

To bayonet,

U were enjoying speeds of 2048 kbps on 256 UL plan then why did u change ur plan to 512 UL??
What do u expect? A speed of 2048*2= 4096 kbps on this 512 UL plan or what??

And if u r not happy with speeds of 210 kBps, I think u better move to US.
In india, 210 kBps download speed is like d baskin n robins icecream among other icecreams.

Moral-
Be satisfied with what u've got, u were enjoying 2048 kbps on 256 UL plan; dont cry if they sync u to 512 kbps Downstream, if u complain again and again.

The speed of my BB plan has not been upgraded yet. I was on the 256 UL plan. I had applied for 512 Combo UL last month. I have sent email to bbspeed@bol.net.in and helpdesk.delhi@bol.net.in as well as called 1504 2-3 times but to no avail yet.

It was increased for a couple of hours yesterday evening but was resynced to 256 kbps. When I called 1504 again they booked my complaint and gave a complaint no. and also asked me to mail my problem to CC. But all this to no avail.

A little while back I got a call from MTNL asking whether my internet is working properly. I said yes but its speed is less. He said that it will be increased tomorrow. Should I wait till tomorrow? Or is there any special phone no. of some higher authority whom I should call to get the job done timely.

Please guide what I should do. Thanks.

Thanks Chinmay. I'm not a techie, wasn't sure. Thought if 256 KBPS can gimme 210 KBPS downloads, 512 KBPs will shoot it upto 300-350 KBPS. Even I was surprised by 210 download speeds on a 256 kbps plan, I just thought MTNL must have a great infrastructure (even thought a shitty service). Is there anyone else on this thread who gets similar download speeds (210KBPS) on Trib 256KBPS unlimited plan???