• Thread starter Thread starter sumeet
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 1,574

sumeet

Never say die...
ISP
Hathway HD3 Stream
From today, MTNL NU is from 10 PM to 8 AM, and that's a boon for a torrenter. I am right now sulking on hathway, and have already applied for MTNL triband.Had a few queries regarding NU. Can those using the plan pl help me out.1. I read that modem has to be manually switched on and off for the NU time. Is there any other way out?2. If I forget to switch off my modem at 8am, but I am not actively downloading, are there chances, that whatever I downloaded in night may add upto routine downloads (chargeable), if I did not switch off and on my modem.3. During day time, is uploading allowed?4. Suppose, there was calculation error on MTNL's part, and included night download into routine download, does lodging a complaint help to solve problem (I mean, are the authorities helpful).I am sorry, too many questions asked there, but I am just waiting to quit Hathway and join MTNL. All your replies will be highly appreciated.Thanks a lot

1. U can configure ur router to Bridge mode (dialer mode) and with the help of scripts/software ur router or PC can be automatically switched off.2. Triband connections get automatically reset after 6 hours, so if u start the NU session at 12:10 pm, the connection will be reset at 6:10 am. So whatever u download from 6:10 am onwards could get counted. However in my case, i get charged for only what i download after 8 am even if i dont switch the router off & on before 8 am. So it varies for different users.3. Uploading is completely free in MTNL Triband. But u should note that while uploading, some data gets downloaded to ur computer & that data will get counted. It is minimal though.4. U can lodge a complaint & pray that it gets looked into. MTNL authorities are of a mixed kind, some are helpful, some arent.