MTNL Broadband: Problem opening popular sites like Gmail and YouTube

• Thread starter Thread starter arian29
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 94
  • Views Views 14,932
some are complaining that it is working only on chrome and not on any other browser.i mean there is no way google is going to do something that cheap.

@buyer120

Tracert? Ping? Does the site load?

Yes, YouTube is loading but videos aren't

screenshot_550.jpg

101284099.png

BTW: I am using Firefox
Just tried chrome videos are loading but takes too long to buffer compared to firefox

I think I personally am facing issue with certain Youtube channels.. I am assuming its a glitch which will fix itself & trying not to get too bothered about it.

Changing DNS to google worked
Anybody with proper knowledge please enlighten me on how DNS thing works/affect internet experience?

It simply changes the domain name to IP. Some services are fast (like Google DNS) and some are slow.

Hi guys,
I have the same problem as Mr.cool
I'm on an iMac OS X Mavericks 10.9.4
I started facing this problem since the last week and haven't changed any settings/hardware.
My external ip is 120.61.x.x
So I'm already on the SOTL gateway, as many here have suggested to be on.
I have got my line checked as well and theres no problem.
My Noise Margin is (Down/Up): 22.5/29.3
Attenuation (Down/Up): 19.5/10.0
But I still have to many times refresh the url to load the page, even as popular as youtube.
Sometimes I get tired refreshing the page and just wait for 5mins.
After which, the page loads fine but the problem reoccurs later on.
I had changed the DNS Server to point to the router ip in order to solve this problem.
But that also made no difference.
I know this is a MNTL-centric problem only but I can't figure it out.
Can anyone please help?

I have a weird problem.Im already on the 120.63.xxxxx ip....i have been getting weird problem of losses since June 25th.DGM office strictly said no to port change.

Changing it to G.dmt doesnt help,getting losses always. By losses i mean :
fcYGm3M.png

Youtube videos dont run at all.Streams get stuck even on lowest quality.Twitch.tv has a mobile quality too.Even that gets stuck.

Point to note is that when speed changes at 12:00 AM, internet becomes perfect , like i am the only one using it in entire mumbai.Get full speed,get no losses,no disconnections ,and can stream at 480/720p.
Lgfwsd5.png

yoim7Rn.png